cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zacs
Engaged Sweeper III
Is it possible for certain user groups to only see certain ticket types. IE. As an It engineer i want to create ticket for infrastructure work but i do not want Dave from sales seeing the infrastructure option?
4 REPLIES 4
brigmill
Engaged Sweeper III
I would be happy if we were able to group non-agent users so that they could only see certain ticket types. For instance, we have a ticket type for New Employee that our HR team uses exclusively. I wish folks not in HR would not have access to this ticket type (without having to make them an agent).
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
That's right, you'll have to change the Show different type to users option of Infrastructure to a type you do want to show to users on the Configuration -> Ticket Content page. You can change a ticket's type to Infrastructure, and it'll still display this type to agents, but users will see the different ticket type.
Zacs
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok so as an Admin i can set up a ticket type of infrastructure and then i can make sure no normal user can see that type?
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Currently you can only hide ticket types from normal users. There is no distinction between groups in this case. Agents will see all available ticket types and be able to create tickets for that type. You can hide created tickets from agents by not giving them access to the team/type, but they will still see the type in the options menu.

This might change in a future release, where agents will only see the existence of a ticket type if they are a member of the team, subscribed to - or the creator/user of - a ticket with that type. The implementation of this feature is still a long way off though.