cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAP_tbrooks
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there a way to detect if a Windows user is logged into a system with Package Deployments? I created a Java update package but I don’t want it to run on a system where a user is currently logged. I would like to add this to the first step of my Package Deployments.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
There is currently no built-in option to detect if a user is logged into the system when deploying a package. To achieve this you will have to create a custom script. The script needs to include a user logon detection and perform the install only if no user is logged on. We can however not provide support for custom scripts or deployment packages. Adding a built-in user detecting process for the deployment feature is added to the wishlist but we cannot yet provide a release date for it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
There is currently no built-in option to detect if a user is logged into the system when deploying a package. To achieve this you will have to create a custom script. The script needs to include a user logon detection and perform the install only if no user is logged on. We can however not provide support for custom scripts or deployment packages. Adding a built-in user detecting process for the deployment feature is added to the wishlist but we cannot yet provide a release date for it.