cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdeknox
Engaged Sweeper
I use spacesniffer to find any lost space our machines, typically when I get a report of machines sub 5GB. I've found it extremely useful to incorporate into lansweeper. Go to the below site and download the .exe once downloaded stick it into your Lansweeper\Actions folder and use the following

{actionpath}spacesniffer.exe scan \\{computer}\c$

All copyrights to SpaceSniffer belong to: Copyright (C) 2000-2014 Uderzo Umberto
http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/
13 REPLIES 13
tomscott2340
Engaged Sweeper III
How are ya'll doing this since connecting to a hidden share (C$) requires admin?

Thanks
MoZilla
Engaged Sweeper
jdeknox wrote:
I use spacesniffer to find any lost space our machines, typically when I get a report of machines sub 5GB. I've found it extremely useful to incorporate into lansweeper. Go to the below site and download the .exe once downloaded stick it into your Lansweeper\Actions folder and use the following

{actionpath}spacesniffer.exe scan \\{computer}\c$

All copyrights to SpaceSniffer belong to: Copyright (C) 2000-2014 Uderzo Umberto
http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

I am getting this "WARN 10:29:05 - Unable to examine \\My Network Computer Name is here\c$\users\ (The network path was not found. - code 53)" am I doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thank You.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
I've used "treesize" also for this type of check. there is a free version. not sure if that one does network drive though.
Roym
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Juha,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please advise how I "add SpaceSniffer to Asset Actions in the Lansweeper configuration" ?

Is this done on my Lansweeper server or can I do this on the web portal?

Thanks again for your help.

RoyM
zberkshier91
Engaged Sweeper II
I have a similar custom action set up using WinDirStat portable! Works fantastically
zberkshier91 wrote:
I have a similar custom action set up using WinDirStat portable! Works fantastically

would you be able to share the action for WinDirStat?
krozar
Engaged Sweeper II
MoZilla wrote:
zberkshier91 wrote:

would you be able to share the action for WinDirStat?

I got it to work with this:

{actionpath}windirstat.exe \\{smartname}\c$\

Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Roym,

first you need to add SpaceSniffer to Asset Actions in the Lansweeper configuration.

Then open from the Dashboard any asset page showing computer details. You should see SpaceSniffer listed in the Basic actions.
Roym
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Guys,

I have added spacesniffer.exe to the actions folder on my Lansweeper server but I am unable to see it under the Advanced Actions on the Lansweeper webpage.

Can you please advise?

Thanks