cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello, we are hoping to move our Helpdesk from SharePoint to Lansweeper in the near future as we realy love most aspects of it. Before we can do that though, we hope that you guys can incorporate a few minor features. Here they are...

• Ability to switch users from within Lansweeper when using Integrated Windows Authentication. We have some workstations that use a generic automatic sign-on, so we need users to be able to log on and log off of Lansweeper using their domain credentials

• Option to automatically assign the asset to the workstation the ticket is submitted from. 95% of the time, the asset is going to be the workstation the ticket is submitted from for our organization.

• Ability to disable SLAs all together. I have deleted the SLA, but when closing the ticket the SLA box is still there.

• Ability to disable the calendar functionality all together.

• Ability to rename ticket subjects. We have a certain subject format that we require our users to submit tickets with and many times we need to rename them due to non-compliance.

• In the knowledgebase, all categories always show up on the left side of the screen even if a user doesn't have access to the category. When they click on it nothing happens so they can't see the articles, but we do not want users knowing that certain kb categories even exist.

• Ability to automatically assign tickets based on Custom fields. For instance, if a certain checkbox is checked in a custom field, we want a certain agent to always get that ticket type.

Thank you! This helpdesk seems to be great.
33 REPLIES 33
b8rtm8nn
Engaged Sweeper III
Fantastic - thanks for the update Karel DS
Stanislav
Engaged Sweeper
The Helpdesk working really great. Thank you for that new module. As about new features:
- When agent autoassigned from Default Agent column at Ticket Type settings, new ticket of the type opened get the status In Progress instead of open. That's confusing cause the agent didn't do anything related to ticket yet. Could it be changed?
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
27. Add a user to CC by ticket type, so that a specific type will always be CCed to a user when opened without designating it.
Added to the wishlist.

28. A custom field specifically for ticket instructions or a message with no user interaction.
Added to the wishlist.

29. Custom ticket categories would also be useful for us, seeing as some ticket types may fall under a different agent team, but to the users it is all under the same umbrella. The idea is to have the user choose the category first which is familiar for them, but still be able to define different rules for specific types.
You can choose to show a different type to non-agent users on the ticket content page. This will allow the user to create for example a 'support' type ticket which the agent then designates as an 'IT support' ticket. The user will still see 'support'.

30. Related articles
Added to the wishlist.

31. A print button that only prints the article, not the entire web page
There will be a print button for knowledgebase articles in version 6.1.

32. Ability to subscribe to articles to be flagged when an article is updated.
Added to the wishlist but will probably not be implemented.

33. The ability to Forward / Share articles easily.
If your website is accessible to users then you can link knowledgebase articles when adding notes on the website.

34. Create/reopen tickets on calendar events (annual or scheduled).
Added to the wishlist.

35. Ticket relationship & parent-child relation (to separate tasks to several agents).
This will all be added with the workflow feature which will be in version 6.1 (or 6.2, depending on our schedule)

36. Show relations for assets on tickets
Added to the wishlist.

37. I would like to have my collegues check the printer they need supply for from the asset section.
Always display certain types of assets, or specifically select assets to show in the helpdesk added to wishlist.

38. Please add the total time accumulated label on the ticket. There's no way quickly see all the time everyone has put on a ticket.
You can add time worked for notes (if this option is enabled for the ticket type), which is visible at the top portion of the ticket for agents. You can also see the age of the ticket at the top right.
walkerpbw
Engaged Sweeper II
Please add the total time accumulated label on the ticket. There's no way quickly see all the time everyone has put on a ticket.
TKAdmin
Engaged Sweeper II
Hallo Lansweeper!

is it possible to integrate connected printers/devices to the assets section in the tickets?

I would like to have my collegues check the printer they need supply for from the assest section so it would be more easy for me because i directly know the type of printer and the needed supply type.

thanks,
Chris
charliev00263
Engaged Sweeper
We would also love to see workflows in this ticketing. We have many common tickets where many users need to do one part of the solution before the ticket can be closed. It would be great if lansweeper could help us out!
IYAAYAS01
Engaged Sweeper
Requesting Sub Categories for ticket types. I would like it where i can create a sub category and then custom fields such as (Software (main) - Software Request (Sub) - Software Name (custom), Manger Approval (custom))

Also is there a way to create a forced action such as when a "new user request" it gets auto assigned to Agent A. when A is done and clicks "next" it goes to Agent B for the next step, Etc, Etc?

We currently use Solarwinds Helpdesk and I am wanting to move over.
adammc
Engaged Sweeper
Some form of Change management/requests integrated into the new Helpdesk would be great.
hubibga
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

We've just started to use the Helpdesk module and it's really great, thank Guys. I read this topic and there are some requests which ones I really agree, on the first place to calendar events sholud possible to create and/or re-open tickets for som annual or other scheduled work. Please consider to implement this feature.
Other one is ticket relationship. I think two separate things would be great a dependency beetwen tickets and a parent-child relation (to separate tasks to several agents). The difference is that dependency is a relation about two tickets and if nr.6 depends on nr.5 than nr.6 cannot be solved before nr.5.
Parent-child is a multiple one, so all of the child tickets have to be solved separatelly before solving the main (parent) ticket.

Thanks,
Balázs
ttownsend
Engaged Sweeper
I am currently moving my Knowledgebase articles from our old helpdesk software (HelpDeskPilot) to LanSweeper. Here is a short list of features that would be nice in LanSweeper:

- SubCategories - the ablilty to nest categories for houskeeping
- Related Articles
- A print button that only prints the article, not the entire web page
- Ability to subscribe to articles to be flagged when an article is updated
- the ability to Forward / Share articles easily.

Thanks,

Tom Townsend