cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harringg
Champion Sweeper
Is it possible to have some boilerplate text included when a new ticket is created.

Example: Please use this ticket for XYZ. Also be sure to download the following form from the KB to view more information.

Can the Text fields have an "example" format?
Port Number: xxx-A-xx

Can the Text fields be verified for formatting?
Phone number: xxx-xxx-xxxx (xx-xxx-xxxx fails?)

Will the API feature allow me to embed filled in fields into the body of the email message sent? Admittedly I need to study up on that, but at a high-level overview will that work?
2 REPLIES 2
harringg
Champion Sweeper
I was referring to text above the Subject: line. Sort of an explanation of what's being requested. I see how the templates can be useful for email replies, but I was looking for a static text at the header of the New Ticket page.

I'll continue to research the API and see how I can implement that into my workflow.

Thank you.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
The helpdesk already has templates, which allow you to add pre-made text (with images and attachments) to a ticket. You can add/edit these on the Configuration -> Ticket Content page at the bottom, or on the ticket page in case you've got the permission.

We'll consider adding the possibility for example formats and custom formats for custom fields. Currently this is not possible.

All about the API should be explained on the Configuration -> Ticket API page. Depending on what you want and how you configure things this might be possible. You should be able to get most ticket data, though custom field currently cannot be requested using the API.
We're also planning on adding more parameters to email templates in one of our next big releases.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now