cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
A ticket was opened to remove a users email address. Ticket was opened by the user himself. When ticket is closed, it will send email to just removed email address. Server answers "Delivery failed blah blah" and ticket activates again and gets In Progress state.

So I added regular expression \Delivery\sfailed.* to ignore subjects. Test field tells match found. But in fact this doesn't work.
4 REPLIES 4
spallison
Engaged Sweeper III
This is causing us huge headache, it needs to be addressed, we have tried several rules on our exchange online to combat this but doesn't work either.

Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
spallison wrote:
This is causing us huge headache, it needs to be addressed, we have tried several rules on our exchange online to combat this but doesn't work either.

I had a short email conversation with support. Turned out Lansweeper mail rules apply only to new incoming tickets. Rules set at https://<yourserver>:<port>/configuration/HelpdeskEmail/ won't help.

Michael V. suggested ignoring mail on mailbox/server level. I logged to email with our Lansweeper mailbox credentials and added some rules to delete mail delivery error messages. So far this is working.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
spallison wrote:

Ignoring these messages on mailbox/server level is the way to go.

Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
Michael.V wrote:
spallison wrote:

Ignoring these messages on mailbox/server level is the way to go.

Ticket tells "state changed by Microsoft Outlook". Clicking unspecified user Microsoft Outlook allows to create a new lansweeper user: for starters there is name and email address "MicrosoftExchange<identification number>@domain.com". This is the mailbox I should ignore?

What about relevant mails coming via the same server if ignore the server totally?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now