cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fandango1974
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All,

We recently changed the domain administrator's account for Lansweeper because the initial account is being used for a production application. We copied the original account and created an account for Lansweeper. I wanted to assist a user who was assigned a local account into Lansweeper so that he can change his own password. I also was given this application with no documentation on the configuration of this application. I was wondering if you can give me insight on how to get the Configuration\User Access & Roles feature to show up in the administrator's account as well as add that feature to my account so that I can leave the admin account alone.

Any information you have is greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
fandango1974
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Karel,

So to update you, I am using the IIS Express feature. followed the instruction you suggested but I am still not able to see the user access roles and features. Is there something else I can do? Here is some info:

Server: Windows Server 2012 R2
64 Bit
Website Version 5242 (5.2.0.42)
Current database SQL Compact
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This depends on how you're setup right now. If you have an account with access to Configuration -> User Access & Roles then just follow this article: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/102/restricting-access-to-the-web-console.html. The article is slightly outdated, we've recently added the option to add Active Directory groups to roles.

If you don't have a user with access to configuration, then you can give access to all users by doing the following:
  • If you're using IIS Express: Run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\IISexpress\ExpressAuthentication.exe and make sure anonymous access is enabled
  • If you're using IIS: Make sure anonymous access is enabled and Windows authentication disabled
  • Enable the built-in admin using this tool: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe
Make sure to enable authentication again after you give yourself the required roles.