cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello, we are hoping to move our Helpdesk from SharePoint to Lansweeper in the near future as we realy love most aspects of it. Before we can do that though, we hope that you guys can incorporate a few minor features. Here they are...

• Ability to switch users from within Lansweeper when using Integrated Windows Authentication. We have some workstations that use a generic automatic sign-on, so we need users to be able to log on and log off of Lansweeper using their domain credentials

• Option to automatically assign the asset to the workstation the ticket is submitted from. 95% of the time, the asset is going to be the workstation the ticket is submitted from for our organization.

• Ability to disable SLAs all together. I have deleted the SLA, but when closing the ticket the SLA box is still there.

• Ability to disable the calendar functionality all together.

• Ability to rename ticket subjects. We have a certain subject format that we require our users to submit tickets with and many times we need to rename them due to non-compliance.

• In the knowledgebase, all categories always show up on the left side of the screen even if a user doesn't have access to the category. When they click on it nothing happens so they can't see the articles, but we do not want users knowing that certain kb categories even exist.

• Ability to automatically assign tickets based on Custom fields. For instance, if a certain checkbox is checked in a custom field, we want a certain agent to always get that ticket type.

Thank you! This helpdesk seems to be great.
33 REPLIES 33
b8rtm8nn
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for addressing these two in particular - tasking out a ticket or tracking tasks in a complex request that has a sequential order is critical for us.

19. The ability to create SUB-Tickets or associated tickets in a group for Projects.
This is planned for a next major update (maybe 6.2).

20. On the same line - in the notes - being able to create CHECKLISTS for Tasks.
Added to the wishlist.
MHLib
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to be able to add a user to CC by ticket type, so that a specific type will always be CCed to a user when opened without designating it.

Also, a custom field specifically for ticket instructions or a message with no user interaction would be useful.

Custom ticket categories would also be useful for us, seeing as some ticket types may fall under a different agent team, but to the users it is all under the same umbrella. The idea is to have the user choose the category first which is familiar for them, but still be able to define different rules for specific types. Drilling down custom fields does not allow this as far as I can see.
TheAntioch
Engaged Sweeper
Would it be possible to sticky this topic? That way we have one place for all requests.
khog14
Engaged Sweeper II
Wow - thanks so much for hearing us! Can't wait for the next release! Thank you!
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Time to answer some questions...

1. Ability to switch users when using Integrated Windows Authentication.
This is not possible, you'll have to close the web browser in order to logout. There is however a logout button when using the custom Lansweeper login.

2. Option to automatically assign the asset to the workstation the ticket is submitted from.
This asset should be visible on the user tab of a ticket, and can be added to the ticket's assets using a single button.

3. Ability to disable SLAs all together.
You can just remove all SLAs from the configuration. This will keep all SLAs for current tickets but will not create new ones for new tickets.

4. Ability to disable the calendar functionality all together.
Currently not possible, however it is still only available for agents.

5. Ability to rename ticket subjects.
A ticket's subject and description can be altered by clicking on the icon at the top right of the ticket description (if you've got the 'Edit ticket description' permission).

6. In the knowledgebase, all categories always show up even if a user doesn't have access.
This should not be the case. Please check the permissions on the knowledgebase options page. Keep in mind that users might need to login again after changes to these options have been made.

7. Ability to automatically assign tickets based on Custom fields. For instance, if a certain checkbox is checked in a custom field, we want a certain agent to always get that ticket type.
This would be a more advanced ticket routing option. Added to the wishlist.

8. A flag to include the body of a ticket in the email alert sent out when a new ticket is submitted, something like 'body'.
We're planning on adding more tags to the email alerts. This will however not be implemented in the near future. Currently you can add the entire note history (including the ticket description) to an email template.

9. Replying to a ticket using email from any agents email address should be the same as posting a public reply or internal note, based on the default for the ticket type.
Performing specific actions using email has already been added to the wishlist, however this will probably not make the next major update.

10. I can't find the option to disable the Knowledgebase in the menu.
Knowledgabase options can be found under the Knowledgebase menu, not the Configuration menu.

11. We would like the ability to ability to define variables or hardcoded data to automatically populate custom fields. For instance, we have a custom field that users must enter their name in to file a report. I would like the ability to automatically fill the field automatically with the username filing the ticket when they select the specific ticket type.
Added to the wishlist.

11. We would like the ability to restrict what ticket types that agents can see.
This feature is planned for the next big update (6.1).

12. We would like the ability to restrict agents from viewing any assets.
Currently not possible. Agents will see the assets, but if the don't have 'Asset management' they won't be able to see asset data.

13. We would like to default individual users to a specific ticket type.
Added to the wishlist.

14. We would like to be able to send an email to all agents when a ticket is taken by another agent.
Added to wishlist.

15. We would like more granular control around email triggers. Instead of having templates around auto reply type, we would like the ability to create our own.
Added to the wishlist for now, but will probably not be implemented.

16. We would like to see more reports for helpdesk instead of being forced to build these out ourselves.
We're still working on database documentation. Adding more standard reports is on our todo list. Widgets have already been added to display most helpdesk information.

17. We would like the ability to disable language selection.
You can disable all languages (except for english) on the Configuration -> Translations page.

18. We would like to be able to allow users to view asset groups, such as monitors or printers.
Currently not possible unless you give users access to Asset Management.

19. The ability to create SUB-Tickets or associated tickets in a group for Projects.
This is planned for a next major update (maybe 6.2).

20. On the same line - in the notes - being able to create CHECKLISTS for Tasks.
Added to the wishlist.

21. The ability to have tickets that are NOT related to any user at all - internal tickets
Tickets need to have a user. We advise making a standard user for this.

22. For the Calendar - which I LOVE - have it automatically create a ticket when a renewal date is coming up, rather than just an alert.
Added to the wishlist, but will probably not be implemented.

23. For SOFTWARE....the ability to link a vendor. Which would require a vendor list.
Added to the wishlist.

24. Ticket Categories. Right now I can create a bunch of ticket types (templates) but there is no way to group them. I need to make a lot of different forms with applicable data for the users. They don't like filling things out already so for example I would want a category for "password resets" and then under that, a subcategory for "windows password reset", "Email password reset", "<accountingSoftware> password reset" since each of those fields might require a different piece of information.
We advise using custom fields to accomplish this.

25. More email options including the body of the message, sending notifications when another technician grabs the ticket, replying to a ticket using a technicians email goes towards the default type of response, and creating email triggers/more custom templates (once again similar to spiceworks)
Will be discussed with our development team.

26. Allowing end users to view predefined asset groups like printers at their site etc.
Added to the wishlist.
BOFSD
Engaged Sweeper
May we have tickets that link together or allow for parent/child nesting.

Great addition to Lansweeper. Thanks for all the hard work!
brownsnetwork
Engaged Sweeper II
Love that you guys finally released a help desk and I signed up a few of our technicians to give this a try, but I wanted to mention a few features we would like. Some of these have already been mentioned, but I figured I would "second" them.

1.) Ticket Categories. Right now I can create a bunch of ticket types (templates) but there is no way to group them. I need to make a lot of different forms with applicable data for the users. They don't like filling things out already so for example I would want a category for "password resets" and then under that, a subcategory for "windows password reset", "Email password reset", "<accountingSoftware> password reset" since each of those fields might require a different piece of information.

SECONDING MDOUGLAS
2.) We need the option to have the workstation the user sent the ticket from to auto-add to the ticket as an asset. Spiceworks and a few other systems do this and it's important to us, although I realize you can hover the mouse over the user to see their most recent workstation.

3.) Disabling SLAs, we are an internal helpdesk and use our own systems for this

SECONDING YETIFIASCO & THEANTIOCH
4.) More email options including the body of the message, sending notifications when another technician grabs the ticket, replying to a ticket using a technicians email goes towards the default type of response, and creating email triggers/more custom templates (once again similar to spiceworks)

5.) Variables to automatically populate custom fields

6.) Allowing end users to view predefined asset groups like printers at their site etc.

EDIT: I can't count
khog14
Engaged Sweeper II
First of all - want to say - I LOVE this product so far! Even if it doesn't seem to have features I want - I can work around them. I love the other suggestions - and, of course, want to add my own:

1. The ability to create SUB-Tickets or associated tickets in a group for Projects.
2. On the same line - in the notes - being able to create CHECKLISTS for Tasks.
3. The ability to have tickets that are NOT related to any user at all - internal tickets
4. For the Calendar - which I LOVE - have it automatically create a ticket when a renewal date is coming up, rather than just an alert.
5. For SOFTWARE....the ability to link a vendor. Which would require a vendor list.

I'm still in trial testing - but this particular system meets our needs far more than any of the others I've tried so far! Keep up the great work!!!
khog14
Engaged Sweeper II
First of all - want to say - I LOVE this product so far! Even if it doesn't seem to have features I want - I can work around them. I love the other suggestions - and, of course, want to add my own:

1. The ability to create SUB-Tickets or associated tickets in a group for Projects.
2. On the same line - in the notes - being able to create CHECKLISTS for Tasks.
3. The ability to have tickets that are NOT related to any user at all - internal tickets
4. For the Calendar - which I LOVE - have it automatically create a ticket when a renewal date is coming up, rather than just an alert.
5. For SOFTWARE....the ability to link a vendor. Which would require a vendor list.

I'm still in trial testing - but this particular system meets our needs far more than any of the others I've tried so far! Keep up the great work!!!
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
@RKatz, ah! I didn't even notice that little edit button until today. I was trying to Edit the whole ticket. Thanks!

@LansweeperSupport, any idea about the potential to add some of these features we've all listed? I would really like to use the Lansweeper helpdesk to keep everything integrated in one system, but need to know if I should start looking at other options. Some of the things I listed were actually "dealbreakers" for our company.

Thanks!