cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malvivent7
Engaged Sweeper II
My problem is this:
I have created dynamic groups based on iprange of my assets but they continue to have "Undefined location" instead.
Some advice to remediate?
thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: there was a bug in the initial Lansweeper 6.0.0.19 production release that could cause IP locations not to update and assets to be marked as "undefined". If you haven't already, please do the following to permanently resolve this issue:
  • Update to 6.0.0.22 by following these instructions.
  • Rescan your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
George_Petz
Engaged Sweeper
I'm using version 6.0.0.65 on servers and have the same issue, any recommendation?
pfrench1
Engaged Sweeper III
We are running 6.0.0.22 and have manually entered IP Locations as our Asset Group and have not experienced any issues. We have well over 1,200 subnets defined as IP Locations in our Asset Group.
SNF
Engaged Sweeper
We are running 6.0.0.22 and have rescanned our assets but are still experiencing the same problem as the OP – any suggestions?

[The ranges were imported from AD and there are NO overlaps]
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: there was a bug in the initial Lansweeper 6.0.0.19 production release that could cause IP locations not to update and assets to be marked as "undefined". If you haven't already, please do the following to permanently resolve this issue:
  • Update to 6.0.0.22 by following these instructions.
  • Rescan your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left.
peewee
Engaged Sweeper II
I had the same Problem aswell.
Apperently Lansweeper changed the structure for the IPLocations, and each asset has a direkt connection to a asset group.
If the assets are scanned again this will automatically be corrected, but for assets that hasn't been scanned since the update they will now show up under "undefined location".
You can easily adjust this if you got to Configuration/Asset Group, edit the Location Info and just press OK. All Assets (for this location) will then be reassigned.
Peter
Intheory87
Engaged Sweeper
I am experiencing the same issue after the latest update to version 6. Some assets not associating with their dynamic Ip Range groups other are.

Kevin,