cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello, we are hoping to move our Helpdesk from SharePoint to Lansweeper in the near future as we realy love most aspects of it. Before we can do that though, we hope that you guys can incorporate a few minor features. Here they are...

• Ability to switch users from within Lansweeper when using Integrated Windows Authentication. We have some workstations that use a generic automatic sign-on, so we need users to be able to log on and log off of Lansweeper using their domain credentials

• Option to automatically assign the asset to the workstation the ticket is submitted from. 95% of the time, the asset is going to be the workstation the ticket is submitted from for our organization.

• Ability to disable SLAs all together. I have deleted the SLA, but when closing the ticket the SLA box is still there.

• Ability to disable the calendar functionality all together.

• Ability to rename ticket subjects. We have a certain subject format that we require our users to submit tickets with and many times we need to rename them due to non-compliance.

• In the knowledgebase, all categories always show up on the left side of the screen even if a user doesn't have access to the category. When they click on it nothing happens so they can't see the articles, but we do not want users knowing that certain kb categories even exist.

• Ability to automatically assign tickets based on Custom fields. For instance, if a certain checkbox is checked in a custom field, we want a certain agent to always get that ticket type.

Thank you! This helpdesk seems to be great.
33 REPLIES 33
RKacz
Engaged Sweeper II
@mdouglas: You can edit the ticket subject by opening the ticket and clicking on the edit button on the first entry. I just tried and it let me edit the submitted subject.
TheAntioch
Engaged Sweeper
I figured I would add my feature requests as well

1. We would like the ability to ability to define variables or hardcoded data to automatically populate custom fields. For instance, we have a custom field that users must enter their name in to file a report. I would like the ability to automatically fill the field automatically with the username filing the ticket when they select the specific ticket type.

2. We would like the ability to restrict what ticket types that agents can see. We will have multiple agents at different access levels, these agents should be able to open internal tickets for help, and tickets for their support category, but they should have no access to be able to file tickets in other support categories.

3. We would like the ability to restrict agents from viewing any assets. We have agents that will only be doing external customer support, who should not have access to assets. I realize we can restrict extra ticket options down to not visible, but our internal support category where we want agents in the to be able to assign tickets to assets allows non privileged agents the ability view all assets. There is no reason non-privileged agents should have asset access.

4. We would like to default individual users to a specific ticket type. In addition to setting a default ticket type for all users, there should be an option to set specific users default ticket type so they are not forced to change the type every time.

5. We would like to be able to send an email to all agents when a ticket is taken by another agent.

6. We would like more granular control around email triggers. Instead of having templates around auto reply type, we would like the ability to create our own.

7. We would like to see more reports for helpdesk instead of being forced to build these out ourselves. We found one other example on the forums, and it fits most needs, but not all.

9. We would like the ability to disable language selection. We have no need to have multiple languages, and it clutters up the interface with extra options that can confuse users.

10. We would like to be able to allow users to view asset groups, such as monitors or printers.
kbuchanan
Engaged Sweeper
I can't find the option to disable the Knowledgebase in the menu. I don't see the "Knowledgebase Settings". ...where is that??
Yetifiasco
Engaged Sweeper
Could I also request:

• A flag to include the body of a ticket in the email alert sent out when a new ticket is submitted, something like [body].
  • Replying to a ticket using email from any agents email address should be the same as posting a public reply or internal note, based on the default for the ticket type.

If I could get these two things I'd swap over in a heartbeat, we have management personnel who will only work through their email client and refuse to use a web interface.