cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim2016
Engaged Sweeper
Good Day to you all.

I am pretty new to Lansweeper - but using the proven trial&error technique I figured out most of the basics I guess 🙂

However, is there a way to start (trigger) deployment of a package from the client's side ?
Rather a pull than a push ?

I asked G**gle and I tried this forum's search. I didn't find a clue.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
I am retracting my Group Policy statement. I seem to see if you set the deployment on a schedule you can tick off the "after scanning" radial button under Execution Plan. Which means the deployment will executed after scanning the selected assets. if you do this you should probably create a report or dynamic group to select so that it only runs on the specific devices you want it to. We have ours set up to run against all active computers in manually select OU's.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You could deploy after scanning as TheITGuy suggested - thanks for posting, TheITGuy! - or wake the computers up prior to the deployment. Both options are available when creating a deployment configuration under Deployment\Schedules.
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
I am retracting my Group Policy statement. I seem to see if you set the deployment on a schedule you can tick off the "after scanning" radial button under Execution Plan. Which means the deployment will executed after scanning the selected assets. if you do this you should probably create a report or dynamic group to select so that it only runs on the specific devices you want it to. We have ours set up to run against all active computers in manually select OU's.
tim2016
Engaged Sweeper
Well, I have to keep Flash Player up to date on 500+ workstations (using Lansweeper). So far I built the package and set up a schedule to deploy the package.

That works pretty good so far; but some of our workstations only check in for a short periode of time once a day/week and it tends to be right in between schedules (Murphy).

So I was wondering if there is a way for the workstation to announce its presence to the Lansweeper server thus causing it to start a deployment.

MrShides
Engaged Sweeper
You'd need to provide more detail....

Do you want to automatically pull from the client side? If so, a batch file in startup with a path to your installer should do the trick or something like that...