cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjoelc
Engaged Sweeper
Started working with the helpdesk in 6.0.3 (Love it so far) but I am running into issues somewhere with the email setup.

I have the email account setup in the settings (A tester gmail account). The email account status shows green check marks under both incoming and outgoing servers. Looking in Gmail I see the _ignore and _archive folders the helpdesk created.Sending an email to that address creates a ticket successfully, Checking in Gmail shows the message moved to the _archive folder. However when adding a public note to the ticket, there does not seem to be a response email sent out. Error.log shows no error messages, gmail shows no sent messages... Just... nothing.

I have double and triple checked the email account settings, so I really feel like I'm probably just missing some check box somewhere to tell the helpdesk to actually SEND email responses or something similarly simple. Any suggestions? (Or at least suggestions for troubleshooting? There doesn't seem to be a way to send a test email from the helpdesk email account settings like there is for the email reports section, and again, I'm not seeing any errors in the error.log file either.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There are no known issues with outgoing email at this point. Anyone experiencing email issues, please make sure you are running the latest Lansweeper release first (6.0.0.22 at the moment) and double-check that the incoming and outgoing email checks are green under Configuration\E-mail Settings. If they are, if you are sending public replies and if the user who submitted the ticket is still not receiving the responses, please contact support@lansweeper.com so we can troubleshoot via email.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
A followup on ours was that we had a configuration issue on our end. Our email is working fine now on 6.0.0.22.

Thanks
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There are no known issues with outgoing email at this point. Anyone experiencing email issues, please make sure you are running the latest Lansweeper release first (6.0.0.22 at the moment) and double-check that the incoming and outgoing email checks are green under Configuration\E-mail Settings. If they are, if you are sending public replies and if the user who submitted the ticket is still not receiving the responses, please contact support@lansweeper.com so we can troubleshoot via email.
asekol
Engaged Sweeper
We have same problem as LithiumKid1976 with Exchange 2013. We use latest Lansweeper version 6.0.0.19
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
asekol wrote:
We have same problem as LithiumKid1976 with Exchange 2013. We use latest Lansweeper version 6.0.0.19

Is this still not working in 6.0.0.21? We don't seem to get emails either.

LithiumKid1976
Champion Sweeper
hi
I cant seem to get this working for my company,
everything looks ok in the email settings, but any mail i send to the email address, while its recieved by the inbox, i dont see it populate in the helpdesk,

any suggestions?
Im at the latest version of the beta also.
exchange server 2010.
LithiumKid1976 wrote:
hi
I cant seem to get this working for my company,
everything looks ok in the email settings, but any mail i send to the email address, while its recieved by the inbox, i dont see it populate in the helpdesk,

any suggestions?
Im at the latest version of the beta also.
exchange server 2010.

There are known e-mail problems in the latest beta (6.0.0.5), we will send out an updated version soon.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We sent an updated beta installer with a number of bug fixes to our beta testers last week. Make sure to check your spam folder if you cannot find this email. You can also contact support@lansweeper.com for a copy of our latest beta. Any beta related emails should be sent to the aforementioned email address as well, with "beta" in the title of the email.
Miles19
Engaged Sweeper
Problem also confirmed in my company. No matter how are outgoing setting configured - without, with auth, no mail is generated or sent.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
We are aware of smtp outgoing mail problems.
We are waiting on some other important bugfixes and hope to send out a new beta beginning of next week.

Please note that 6.0 is still in beta!