cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AG
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I want to see the status of the user in the AD like "active", "disabled" or "deleted" on the user page.

Regards,

AG
7 REPLIES 7
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
AD user status is now scanned with the 2019 Fall release
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Ordinarily, you are not allowed to delete a user in Lansweeper if that user still has associated tickets. You'll need to transfer the tickets to another user first. As for scanning disabled users and storing the user status in the database: our developers are aware of this request, but, unfortunately, we do not have an estimated release date for it at this time.
wcb
Engaged Sweeper III
I would really like to see the disabled users scanned and status stored in Lansweeper DB as well. By not scanning disabled users, Lansweeper will show previously scanned users from AD as active when in fact they are now disabled. I know you can set the option to remove disable users from the Lansweeper DB but if I have assets related to these users, I want to keep that information. Now that you have added helpdesk tickets, I would also want to know who was related to past tickets. If you delete disabled users, what happens to that history?

Please increase the priority of this on your list. It really is needed.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A few other customers have requested that we scan disabled accounts as well, but we do not have a release date for this feature. The status of user accounts is not stored in the database either, so cannot be selected in the report builder.

This is not something we can provide instructions or support for, but you could potentially use OPENQUERY to retrieve additional information from Active Directory. This will require you to install the Lansweeper database under SQL Server. More info on OPENQUERY can be found in this article on the Microsoft website.
eriks
Engaged Sweeper
I agree, I would not mind if Lamsweeper also scan Inactivated/Disabled accounts. Actually I would prefer if you by default also scan them, but please make it optional to scan them or not.

But I would also like to have a flag or something so we in the reports can choose to include or not include Inactivated/Disabled accounts.

Thank you in advance.
AG
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes that is true, but active users are scanned. After we deactivated this user or deleted them it will be great that this is shown. We don't want to delete them in lansweeper to have an history of users for some items

Regards,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Disabled and deleted users are not scanned by Lansweeper