cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsnead
Engaged Sweeper
Can Lansweeper do a report on the size of a ost file for each asset? If so does anyone have this report already? I'm not very good with sql and need some help with building the report if possible
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper's built-in file scanning feature, documented here, can only retrieve the properties of files whose specific file paths you provide. Unless you have the same user account on each computer, querying the .ost file sizes with file scanning will not be possible. As user servicedesk indicated as well, these files appear to be stored in user specific folders and Lansweeper's file scanning feature does not currently include a user parameter. You would have to provide Lansweeper with the *exact* file path of each user's .ost file.

If your Lansweeper license allows it, you could potentially create a deployment package to retrieve the information and print it to a file. We cannot provide support for creating specific deployment packages, but a sample package that searches your computers for specific files can be found here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper's built-in file scanning feature, documented here, can only retrieve the properties of files whose specific file paths you provide. Unless you have the same user account on each computer, querying the .ost file sizes with file scanning will not be possible. As user servicedesk indicated as well, these files appear to be stored in user specific folders and Lansweeper's file scanning feature does not currently include a user parameter. You would have to provide Lansweeper with the *exact* file path of each user's .ost file.

If your Lansweeper license allows it, you could potentially create a deployment package to retrieve the information and print it to a file. We cannot provide support for creating specific deployment packages, but a sample package that searches your computers for specific files can be found here.
bsnead
Engaged Sweeper
What script would I use?
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Hi

If I'm not wrong this is a Outlook file, the OST files are inside a user profile, as far as I know you can't setup Lansweeper to scan the size of a file inside a user profile... but it's possible with a script using as source a CSV file of a report of Computer + Last user logged.

regards