cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyle_vlaming
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I am using version 6005 and trying to enable the Integrated Windows Authentication. I have followed the steps for ISS 7.5, but whenever I change the windows and anonymous authentications I always get a 401 response regardless of browser(IE, Chrome, and Firefox).

I have tried setting user authentication to prompt and login in the security zone settings for IE.

One thing I have noticed is that I cannot select the "Integrated windows authentication" option in the Website Settings page. Why is this?

Any help would be great, thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
kyle.vlaming wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that I cannot select the "Integrated windows authentication" option in the Website Settings page. Why is this?

Integrated Windows authentication must be enabled in your web server settings. It cannot be enabled within the Lansweeper web console. If authentication is correctly enabled in your web server settings, the "Integrated Windows authentication" option in your console will automatically be selected.

I would recommend double-checking the steps in this knowledge base article to ensure that anonymous authentication is disabled and Windows authentication is enabled. Try setting your authentication provider to NTLM as well.
  • Right-click on Windows Authentication in IIS.
  • Select Providers…
  • Select NTLM.
  • Hit Move Up.

If the errors persist, please contact support@lansweeper.com, include "beta" in the title of your email and provide:
  • Link to this forum thread.
  • Screenshots of any error messages you are seeing. Include your entire browser window in your screenshots.
  • Screenshots of the configuration changes you made in IIS.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • If it exists, the error log present in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are prompted for credentials, make sure you are submitting your credentials with the correct format, i.e. NetBIOS domain name\username for domain credentials and .\username for local credentials. Make sure the password submitted is correct as well.

If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com, include "beta" in the title of your email and provide the information requested in my previous post. We will troubleshoot via email.
kyle_vlaming
Engaged Sweeper
I have followed the steps in the knowledgebase. I have now set NTLM as a provider. I see no change.
Windows authentication and NTLM Provider
I am still getting the "401 - Unauthorized" error when opening the webpage.
401 - Authentication
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
kyle.vlaming wrote:

Integrated Windows authentication must be enabled in your web server settings. It cannot be enabled within the Lansweeper web console. If authentication is correctly enabled in your web server settings, the "Integrated Windows authentication" option in your console will automatically be selected.

I would recommend double-checking the steps in this knowledge base article to ensure that anonymous authentication is disabled and Windows authentication is enabled. Try setting your authentication provider to NTLM as well.
  • Right-click on Windows Authentication in IIS.
  • Select Providers…
  • Select NTLM.
  • Hit Move Up.

If the errors persist, please contact support@lansweeper.com, include "beta" in the title of your email and provide:
  • Link to this forum thread.
  • Screenshots of any error messages you are seeing. Include your entire browser window in your screenshots.
  • Screenshots of the configuration changes you made in IIS.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • If it exists, the error log present in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data.