cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all,

As you all know Lansweeper is a magnificent asset management solution that has delivered its value ten fold over the past couple of years. I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar level of quality application for helpdesk ticketing?

We use a very clunky system and I want to present a new solution to management so if you have any great tools that you have used in the past - I am particularly looking for a slick and responsive web-based interface, email alerting and reasonable reporting on a SQL based database.

If you have any thoughts and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Peter
99 REPLIES 99
wsbrs
Engaged Sweeper
Can't beat Lansweeper on price but I've used Sysaid and I was impressed. Cloud option and on premise, easy to configure.
cfl33
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

We use Lansweeper as discovery and inventory software. We think about a new helpdesk software as Zendesk. But i see you have a beta of your next new helpdesk module.

Could i be registered in your beta list consumers for testing this new module please?

Also, could i be add for Lansweeper 6 beta please?

Thanks 🙂
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hello,

We use Lansweeper as discovery and inventory software. We think about a new helpdesk software as Zendesk. But i see you have a beta of your next new helpdesk module.

Could i be registered in your beta list consumers for testing this new module please?

Also, could i be add for Lansweeper 6 beta please?

No problem, just send a quick email to support@lansweeper.com and make sure you include 'Beta' in the subject. We'll then provide you with all additional details.

WhatTheFrenchTo
Engaged Sweeper III
Anyone here utilizing Spiceworks? Been using em for years without any issues. Self hosted of course.
DonLeo
Engaged Sweeper
jfhallee: We're also using OTRS for some years now. Is there anything regarding the integration you would like to share?
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
DonLeo wrote:
jfhallee: We're also using OTRS for some years now. Is there anything regarding the integration you would like to share?

Hi,

Well, someone here programmed a SOAP webservice that returns computers and hardware on Lansweeper side in an XML format. On the OTRS Side, we've created import/export templates that runs as cron job and pumps the data from Lansweeper.

Basically, we're pushing the OTRS ID into a custom field in Lansweeper using specific fields depending of asset type (Ex. Computer = computer name and serial number). Then we use that unique ID from OTRS in Lansweeper to push back into OTRS the fields we need like Model, Maker, Owner, etc.
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
We're using OTRS and integrated a sycnhronisation between OTRS and Lansweeper. Works pretty great together!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone: if you have a Lansweeper 6.0 beta related question or issue, please send an email to support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in your email subject.
mcoletta
Engaged Sweeper II
Helpdesk email is now working for me in Exchange 2013! (with version 6005)