cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all,

As you all know Lansweeper is a magnificent asset management solution that has delivered its value ten fold over the past couple of years. I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar level of quality application for helpdesk ticketing?

We use a very clunky system and I want to present a new solution to management so if you have any great tools that you have used in the past - I am particularly looking for a slick and responsive web-based interface, email alerting and reasonable reporting on a SQL based database.

If you have any thoughts and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Peter
99 REPLIES 99
spikey
Engaged Sweeper
hi, not sure, but seems the exchangebug which was resolved in 6.004 is back in 6.005.

at least for me i am getting an error when trying to get incoming emails going.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no production release of 6.0 yet. There are only beta releases. We included a number of bug fixes related to email in the 6.0.0.4 beta release we sent to our beta testers last week. If you are a tester and cannot find this email, please check your spam folder. You can also contact support@lansweeper.com for a copy of the latest beta.
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi guys, just installed the v. 6002 Beta and the ticketing system is looking awesome! Is there a rough date when it will come out of Beta?

Peter

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
pjbate wrote:
Hi guys, just installed the v. 6002 Beta and the ticketing system is looking awesome! Is there a rough date when it will come out of Beta?

Peter

It's really difficult to give an estimate of when the production release might be available. This highly depends on the number of bugs reported and the number of additional features requested. Management has decided that certain features requested by our testers need to be implemented prior to the production release. It might be useful to know that:
  • Apart from an issue connecting to Exchange Server, which has been resolved, most bugs reported so far have turned out to be minor and easy to fix.
  • You will be able to update from the 6.0 beta to the 6.0 production release, without having to reinstall.
mcoletta
Engaged Sweeper II
Susan.A wrote:
pjbate wrote:

Peter

It's really difficult to give an estimate of when the production release might be available. This highly depends on the number of bugs reported and the number of additional features requested. Management has decided that certain features requested by our testers need to be implemented prior to the production release. It might be useful to know that:
  • Apart from an issue connecting to Exchange Server, which has been resolved, most bugs reported so far have turned out to be minor and easy to fix.
  • You will be able to update from the 6.0 beta to the 6.0 production release, without having to reinstall.

I have 6.0.0.3 Beta. Are you saying connecting to Exchange Server has been resolved on the release I am using? Or only on the production release? Thanks.

Mike
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
Looks quality so far.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Good news for everyone who was waiting for the helpdesk beta - finally it was released.

Everybody who subscribed on the beta testers list has received (or shortly will receive) a mail with instructions on how to download and test it. For anybody who still would like to be added to the beta testers, please drop a mail to support@lansweeper.com.

Note: For feature requests which are not related to this topic, please create a new forum topic or browse through other topics in this forum. This thread already got quite long. Adding more information here would make it even more difficult to read and follow up.
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm literally in the process of testing various Helpdesk systems with a view to purchasing one very soon but I would love to use a ticketing system built into Lansweeper hence the reason i have been holding off as long as i can.

I'm a big believer in Lansweeper, so much so i have installed it in 4 companies, 3 of which are global and the people i have shown it too in these companies have been extremely impressed and decided to use it throughout their infrastructure.

I will email requesting to become a beta tester but could really do with an ETA on a release date, i understand it can be difficult to provide a date when you may not know how long it will take to develop/fix/test the helpdesk system but a rough date would be nice

There are only 2 major drawbacks for me:

License Management:
Doesn't seem to cater for enough such as 'Site License' - when selected i needed to put a license QTY in, i put 1 as i bought 1 site license expecting Lansweeper to understand i can have multiple installs at the site but as it detected more than one install it gave a red flag saying i was under licensed...

Email Report Scheduling:
Currently all emails are sent on the same schedule, you can't create different schedules for different reports so i am unable to send reports to show me x data from the past 24 hours and a weekly round-up of the last 7 days as the emails can only be sent on the same schedule.

I'm quite happy to be corrected though if my understanding of these 2 functions are incorrect.
JDobbsy1987 wrote:
License Management:
Doesn't seem to cater for enough such as 'Site License' - when selected i needed to put a license QTY in, i put 1 as i bought 1 site license expecting Lansweeper to understand i can have multiple installs at the site but as it detected more than one install it gave a red flag saying i was under licensed...

Email Report Scheduling:
Currently all emails are sent on the same schedule, you can't create different schedules for different reports so i am unable to send reports to show me x data from the past 24 hours and a weekly round-up of the last 7 days as the emails can only be sent on the same schedule.

A full overhaul of the license compliance module is planned for the future (after the official release of the helpdesk). This will still take a while. Currently the built-in license compliance module calculates with scanned software installations. You could use custom reports for your purpose.

Regarding email report scheduling: The beta which is out now supports using separate schedules for every report with much more flexibility in the schedule configuration.

JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
Daniel.B wrote:
JDobbsy1987 wrote:
License Management:

Email Report Scheduling:

A full overhaul of the license compliance module is planned for the future (after the official release of the helpdesk). This will still take a while. Currently the built-in license compliance module calculates with scanned software installations. You could use custom reports for your purpose.

Regarding email report scheduling: The beta which is out now supports using separate schedules for every report with much more flexibility in the schedule configuration.

So i have just downloaded the Beta edition and although i haven't done much testing yet the reporting is looking much more flexible and at first glance the Helpdesk looks nice.

One other welcome change i have come across is the Website access, being able to add Active Directory user and assign them a role is very nice.