cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_s
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I've browsed through the Support and Community Forums, but I'm not entirely sure this works as I have it in my head, so I'd like to be sure.

For scanning remote computers, do I install the agent and simply set it up to email an address daily or so for updates? We have a number of computers and printers in offsite offices, but there is only one or two computers in each remote location. Most of our tools are in the cloud, so there hasn't been a need to setup any kind of VPN for now.

Also, for the remote support option, can these clients also be supported without setting up a VPN? Would this be a secure connection, or should I consider it unencrypted?

Thank you for your time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The scanning agent LsPush locally scans the computer and has several ways of transferring the scan result afterwards. For computers without network connection you could use the option to send it via mail or possibly drop it to a shared folder on the internet, if you have. When using the email option, the user need to manually fill in the mail address and send the mail, after receiving the mail you need to place the scan result into the Lansweeper service import folder. This KB article explains the different parameters you can use with LsPush.exe.

Non-Windows assets can't be scanned without network connections. A remote desktop connection requires an internal network connection as well. You certainly could define asset actions on your Lansweeper web console which would start another remote control tool to computers which have no internal network connection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ElDab67
Engaged Sweeper III
Question about your batch file. Do you write the email commands custom for each device you are scanning? I'm asking because of the attachment since each will have a different name.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
I have setup a batch file that exports the dump and emails it to people... think i made a post about that somewhere but in any case it uses a program mailsend . i just import the files manually once a day when I get them by dropping into my import directory for lansweeper.

Ah, here is my post
http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst5771_lspush-smtp-direct-send.aspx#post25521
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Some Lansweeper users have installed a scanning server into their DMZ and opened the service port (9524/TCP by default) to the internet. That allows them to schedule LsPush scans and directly transfer the result to the IP address of their scanning server. However, this is not feasible in every case.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The scanning agent LsPush locally scans the computer and has several ways of transferring the scan result afterwards. For computers without network connection you could use the option to send it via mail or possibly drop it to a shared folder on the internet, if you have. When using the email option, the user need to manually fill in the mail address and send the mail, after receiving the mail you need to place the scan result into the Lansweeper service import folder. This KB article explains the different parameters you can use with LsPush.exe.

Non-Windows assets can't be scanned without network connections. A remote desktop connection requires an internal network connection as well. You certainly could define asset actions on your Lansweeper web console which would start another remote control tool to computers which have no internal network connection.
Daniel.B wrote:

So, I could write a couple batch scripts to have LsPush dump the scan results in a folder, email the results to an intermediary email address, and then finally download and copy the attachment to the local folder needed. For as nice as the interface is, I'm surprised this side of it isn't more automated, but maybe I'm the only person who would use a feature like this.

Thank you Daniel.B for your response, it does clarify this decision for me.