cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hasayeret
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi guys,

So I'm fairly new to Lansweeper but I already love it!
Quick question: at this moment every person in the company can simply type the server address and port 81 and reach Lansweeper. There's not login stage and it shows "default user" at the top right corner. Any idea how can I secure it by creating administrative users. This whole default user with administrative power makes me really uncomfortable...

Thanks!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Instructions for restricting access to the Lansweeper web console can be found in this KB article. Once you've enabled authentication in your web server settings, you can configure the permissions of your users and groups in the Configuration\Website Access section of the web console.
If you accidentally lock yourself out of the console at any point, run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe on your Lansweeper server to reset your user role configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You might give it a try and execute Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe on your Lansweeper server once. Also ensure that under your Lansweeper Website in IIS, in the Authentication settings, you enabled "Windows authentication".

If you still can't log on, try the following:
  • ensure that login prompts are enabled on your browser (please refer to this KB article for details)
  • in the Authentication settings of your Lansweeper website click on "Windows Authentication" and afterwards on "Providers". Exchange the order of the authentication providers. Afterwards restart your Lansweeper website and the browser and test again opening it.
Daniel.B wrote:
You might give it a try and execute Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe on your Lansweeper server once. Also ensure that under your Lansweeper Website in IIS, in the Authentication settings, you enabled "Windows authentication".

If you still can't log on, try the following:
  • ensure that login prompts are enabled on your browser (please refer to this KB article for details)
  • in the Authentication settings of your Lansweeper website click on "Windows Authentication" and afterwards on "Providers". Exchange the order of the authentication providers. Afterwards restart your Lansweeper website and the browser and test again opening it.

Thank you the reset worked
RobertMcD
Engaged Sweeper
My problem is once I remove Anonymous Access from ISS how do you specify who has rights because the website no longer functions until Anonymous is placed back
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Instructions for restricting access to the Lansweeper web console can be found in this KB article. Once you've enabled authentication in your web server settings, you can configure the permissions of your users and groups in the Configuration\Website Access section of the web console.
If you accidentally lock yourself out of the console at any point, run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe on your Lansweeper server to reset your user role configuration.