Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
kellyrichard
Engaged Sweeper
1) A report/circle graph/percentage that indicates uptime and downtimes of single server, multiple servers, and switches and all user devices and etc.

2) A report that shows changes in Active Directory Accounts, Assets, Software installation and Uninstallation and etc.

3) A page that will show all software will scan deep into every device/asset for license keys, all software, and editable to whitelist and blacklist software, able to edit a total pool of serial and a report of current amount of used serials compare to total amount, how often a software is used and time usage graph/percentage report.

4) A ticketing system with remote connection to assets and auto emailing and procedures.

5) A knowledge database/file/document database.

6) A deeper scan, when manually add an asset, should scan for that asset also and gather the rest of the information. Right now of 1465 assets, only truly scans 450 of them.
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Although SNMP is not enabled on these switches at this time, SSH is. I ran the Device Tester and was able to get results through SSH. I put the correct credentials into Configuration
Scanning Credentials as Type:SSH and mapped it to the proper IP range where these switches reside, but I do not get any positive results. What I do get back, looks like this:

error: unknown command: uname
192.168.56.1 - 88:E0:F3:6B:E0:C1

Asset Type: Linux
Manufacturer: Juniper Networks
Model: Mbedthis-Appweb/2.4.0
Memory: 0 MB
SSH server: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.8

I selected the "Attach files to this post?" option, so if it allows this, I will attach the DeviceTester results.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
IFIT wrote:
Although SNMP is not enabled on these switches at this time, SSH is. I ran the Device Tester and was able to get results through SSH. I put the correct credentials into Configuration
Scanning Credentials as Type:SSH and mapped it to the proper IP range where these switches reside, but I do not get any positive results.

SSH scanning is only supported for *nix based systems like Linux, Unix and Mac. Linux based systems need to (at the very least) support the uname command in order to be scanned through SSH. Your switches clearly don't support this. You'll need to enable SNMP on them, because scanning through SSH won't work.

If you have additional technical questions about the software, please start a separate forum topic in the Lansweeper Questions section of the forum. It's impractical to answer technical questions in a wish list thread.
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you Susan,
I shall give it a try.
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
1. Support for Juniper Switches.
1.a. Port mapping for Juniper switches
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
IFIT wrote:
1. Support for Juniper Switches.
1.a. Port mapping for Juniper switches

We don't use Juniper switches in-house, but we assume they support SNMP. Most switches do. A quick online search should lead you to articles on how to enable and configure SNMP on your specific device. Lansweeper should be able to retrieve asset data and port mapping information if SNMP is enabled on the device and if you've correctly set up scanning as outlined here.
Okan
Engaged Sweeper III
I would like LDAP or Active Directory authentication.
pice
Engaged Sweeper III
Okan wrote:
I would like LDAP or Active Directory authentication.

We already authenticate against our AD... This feature should be already in place if I got you right.
Okan
Engaged Sweeper III
How about dependency mapping using the asset relationships? This would help when doing impact analysis for change management.
pice
Engaged Sweeper III
An option to categorize software into categories like "driver" "framework" "windows update" "office" "imaging" "burning" "tool" "packager",,,

An option to save/lock the sort order of the software overview. Right now you have to click on the sort order after every reload / new load of the overview page...

Whtielisting / Blacklisting software from being show in the overview

Version control for software - actual software green, old software red for example if you have 37 different versions of Adobe Flash Player in use...

A category for "unwanted" software

A timing option for rented software ( for example rented/payed for 1 year, 3 months of usage left )

An option to read/scan the BIOS / UEFI stored "B*llsh*t Microsoft product keys, which are pain in the *ss for every administrator...

Please do not add helpdesk functionality, or do it in a way we can completely dodge/disable it, if we dont want to use ist. It should be invisible if not used/wanted.

An agent like lspush which works a a service on windows xp-2010 machines and which can be deployed as MSI package ( poll every 60 minutes automatically for example ).