cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProfessorNerdly
Engaged Sweeper II
I am trying to deploy the Java package, with a few edits. I am removing the architecture check and the 64 bit installer.

I have updated all of the references to U51 with the correct U60 paths. However, it seems to hang until it times out after killing the browsers.

I have the paths right, the shares have the right permissions. I am not sure what is causing this.

It is a different error from before as originally I was getting an unable to find the file error, but pretty sure that was my fault as I had the file name in two places during the verification step.

Also, removing the verification step results in the same issue...timeout.

any help with this is greatly appreciated. I am evaluating this program for possible release in our environment, but as of now the deployment tool is a bit too complicated and non-functional for me to recommend it.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In many cases a timeout is caused by GUI or popups on target computers which hinder the installation to proceed. You need to ensure that in your installer steps you provided the correct parameters for silent unattended installs. For .MSI installers, the are default ones and you can directly enable them when setting up the installer step, but for .EXE installers, you need to research them as the parameters differ from product to product.

Generally, we recommend that you test each step of a deployment package manually on a test machine:
- first perform the initial steps which were running successfully
- copy the Result command of your deployment package step
- replace {PackageShare} with the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options
- paste the command into a command prompt on an example target machine and run it.

This will help you to find the cause of the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In many cases a timeout is caused by GUI or popups on target computers which hinder the installation to proceed. You need to ensure that in your installer steps you provided the correct parameters for silent unattended installs. For .MSI installers, the are default ones and you can directly enable them when setting up the installer step, but for .EXE installers, you need to research them as the parameters differ from product to product.

Generally, we recommend that you test each step of a deployment package manually on a test machine:
- first perform the initial steps which were running successfully
- copy the Result command of your deployment package step
- replace {PackageShare} with the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options
- paste the command into a command prompt on an example target machine and run it.

This will help you to find the cause of the issue.