cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Hi

Is there a way to Specify the password that is being used in the VNC used by LSREMOTE?

I can use the VNC viewer to connect back to a PC that already is connected to byLSREMOTE but only if I open a saved connection file that i create from LSREMOTE....
I see the password in there but I assume it's encrypted a bit since I cannot reype it in manually.

I'd rather not link to a file with a password.

ALSO is the password in the ultravnc config random based on the connected user that started LSremote or is this a default password for ALL lansweeper users?

10 REPLIES 10
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
As the remote connection tool is based on uVNC, changes to it still have a lower priority. We might have a look at it after our helpdesk was released.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Not wanting to drag up an old thread, but I don't ever recall seeing this addressed. It's been 3 years right. Did I miss the update ?
🙂
ifm
Champion Sweeper
Maybe a little late, I just read this thread. Ive put a firewall rule that only allow the VNC connections from a trusted IP-range used by the IT tech computers.

Its not a fix but maybe a workaround? 🙂
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Still would like the change to be done asap.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
danielm wrote:
Still would like the change to be done asap.

We do not currently have a release date for this feature unfortunately. We are currently working on Lansweeper 5.0. This feature will be implemented either in Lansweeper 5.1 or a later update.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Any future plans for this?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
danielm wrote:
Any future plans for this?

Yes, this will be implemented, but not in the next version.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
we'll check into this.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Hmm. I've just recovered the password you guys use in the INI file. Technically speaking if the service is being used, anyone can try to connect as the password does not change. This is a BIG security problem for me now.
I haven't fully investigated this but it does seem to work.

Please look into having that password NOT standard on all installations (which I am assuming here). Ie a small /parameter that sets the password inside the EXE so noone sees it.

1 Example.

a) LSremote to a computer.
2) look around 🙂
3) your pc crashes or lsremote closes badly and thus the "service" does not get turned off or removed from the other pc...
4) use vnc viewer and just type the "password"

you can connect. This could be used by someone else. I do not like the idea of having the same password as others.

thank you

I guess this is more of a wishlist here.

*PS* I was looking at this because I want an easy way for 2 people to Remote into the same pc 🙂
***and I just found my answer. The original "VNCVIEWER" has a default of Not sharing connection..so it was kicking me off. since it does not save the setting Just switched to the Uvnc viewer that has that as default and usesd that.
Now I can VNCVIEWER to an already connected LSREMOTE.