cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbeavis
Engaged Sweeper III
We can save docs to an asset and we can scan if files exist. We cannot load a document into an asset from a scan. I can understand the reservation of doing this as it would increase scan time and load.

However, it would be nice to add this to the deployment process. Perhaps as an action. That way a log file could be uploaded to the asset.

The usefulness would be running a script, for example office licensing ospp.vbs, and storing the result as a document for the asset. Step1 would be run script (which saves output to a txt file). Step2 would be upload file to asset's documents (overwrite existing). Step3 would be clean up txt file, perhaps another script run to delete the output file.

We also tend to keep a text file with a license key along with programs. Pulling this into documents would be nice.

I can also envision scripts that run locally to grab information that is not in the registry or available via WMI (such as Visio license key)
2 REPLIES 2
scootmandoo
Engaged Sweeper
+1

This is exactly what I need as well. We have software that is licensed with .lic file and it would be awesome to be able to have the file added to the asset. This way we don't have to manually audit the keys on each asset.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Added to the wish list!