cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solina
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

First of all, congratulations on how nice LANsweeper is.

I was looking for a way to give a certain Active Directory group access to a defined group of assets, users, ip-range. (VIEWING ONLY)
Currently I have only found a way for them to access the website in viewer mode only, but they are still able to see everything. (which is too much)
I know it is also possible to make a report (query) to give the results of what I would like them to view, but it does not limit them to only viewing that information, they can still decide to view everything else too.
(example below of what I can do)
Website role based access

Example of what I would like to do:

Create rights for Active Directory group:
Company\UK\Human Resources

They have VIEWING ONLY access to:
Assets with assettype = Windows or Monitor
Assets within a certain ip-range (or asset group)
Users in group = Company\UK

If possible I would also like to make their dashboard for them, they would have no edit rights.

Thank you in advance.
19 REPLIES 19
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't have a release date for this yet unfortunately. If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com to be added to our list of beta testers. That way, you'll be the first to know when this feature gets implemented. (Keep in mind that we have a help desk beta running at the moment that doesn't include this feature yet.)
Solina
Engaged Sweeper II
Bump
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I believe development is already working on this, but we don't have a release date for this feature unfortunately. At the moment, a user can either see all assets or no assets.
Solina
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the support everyone.
intloc
Engaged Sweeper II
Definetly, there is necessity for the asset group access restrictions. Using lansweeper in the relatevly large networks ~ 7 000 computers, it becomes a huge problem - everyone of IT staff can see anything...
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Totally agree.
admins2
Engaged Sweeper II
I also need such functionality.
At least restrict access by Asset groups or by IP range.
Cyrus_da_Virus
Engaged Sweeper
This functionality is very much needed on my side too.

I need, at least, to be able to segment by OUs or Domains
Solina
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for your reply.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
An asset-specific access restriction is not currently possible. Our development is planning this for future releases of Lansweeper, but we don't have a release date for such a feature at this moment.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now