cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
It would be nice to be able monitor assets to ensure they are up at all times, when they are no longer reachable send an alert.

As Lansweeper already knows and has a list of everything on the network it would be good to create alerting rules that when trigger let you know something is wrong.

Like Nagios

Cheers,
Jamie
20 REPLIES 20
Ryan1980
Engaged Sweeper
We use Lansweeper for our asset management and would really like to be able to move our System's monitoring onto the same solution.

Is real-time monitoring something that you are planning to introduce in the future?
Profectus
Engaged Sweeper
Would love this feature too
mshajin
Engaged Sweeper III
+1 for this
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
Now that 6.0 is fully released which i know centred around the helpdesk (Which we have used throughout Beta and will continue).

What are the plans going forward?

Is real-time monitoring on the cards?

Real-time monitoring is the only thing I'm missing and would love it to be under the same hood as our Network Asset / Helpdesk Solution and i'm sure many other would love this feature too.

Regards,
Jamie
stancik
Engaged Sweeper
I was looking for this functionality in lansweeper
I really though that I will be able to make action or send report which will be send only when server / service is down, disks became full etc . 😞
Now I have to look for other solution 😞
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
To go back a step (but still allow the OP's request) it would be a handy addition to allow a deployment package to run from a specified computer and pass the asset data (that would normally be the deployment target) to the task. ie: instead of deploy a "test-if-online.exe" to the asset that you want to check is online, it would run on another computer such as the lansweeper server itself and then pass the asset data (perhaps using similar tokens like actions) for the task to use.

You could then use an asset group or report to list up the assets you want to monitor or perform some other remote task on the computer, not from it. The OP would then need to implement a script or program that does the required remote monitoring actions but I'm sure something would be posted to the deployment forum fairly quick if needed 🐵

As a bonus, an option to email a specified or default emaill address "on failure" in deployments would also be very handy.

Being able to set another task host machine would be helpful to offload any performance hit a task such as remote monitoring might incur.

We already use Lansweeper to remote monitor some machines. We have a script that downloads a lansweeper report in CSV format and then runs the required remote monitoring tasks and alert process within the script - but Lansweeper is used as a the base data source.
flemming_jul
Engaged Sweeper II
Would love this feature
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Would love something like this too!
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper is not a real-time monitoring software, you should use another one.
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
stiwa wrote:
Lansweeper is not a real-time monitoring software, you should use another one.

You are correct but the limitation is that Lansweeper doesn't CURRENTLY provide real time monitoring however based on the wish list it may be something they consider for future development, Lansweeper hasn't been considered a Help Desk Ticketing system however in a new beta release coming soon'ish it will have that ability.

Given the fact that Lansweeper essentially knows all of your assets on the network it would in theory be a great place to go into individual assets and create alerts based on rules you set.

Example, for all servers alert me if the host is no longer responding etc...