cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BulmersheTech
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi All,

I've only recently started exploring Lansweeper's custom action and package deployment features. The most recent one I've written is a replacement for the inbuilt WoL action. The supplied WoL action is taking several hours to start up 500 machines - not sure why but that's a different issue!! ... so I've written a new WoL action which seems to work much better, however, it seems I can only run an action against an individual asset. How do I simultaneously run this action against multiple assets? I found a post that said something about creating a package deployment. I have tried to create a package that runs the WoL script but, to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing.

I just need a way to run an action against lots of assets. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The deployment feature can't be used for a WOL script. For deployment, the target computers need to be online already.
You might try increasing the number of Windows threads and IP scanning threads under Configuration\Server options, section Service options, in order to make WOL quicker. Custom asset actions can only be started on individual asset pages.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The deployment feature can't be used for a WOL script. For deployment, the target computers need to be online already.
You might try increasing the number of Windows threads and IP scanning threads under Configuration\Server options, section Service options, in order to make WOL quicker. Custom asset actions can only be started on individual asset pages.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
First create your deployment package and test it.
Create a report with the targets computers.
Create a schedule to trigger your deployment package using that report.

This is the way I use to deploy in groups.

regards