cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisMiller015
Engaged Sweeper
Good afternoon. I've been using the trial today and I'm very impressed with the amount of data that can be gleaned from it.

I currently have about 65 different satellite locations. Each location has a simple network(Modem, Router, 5 computers, deskphones, ect.) There are no VPNs, and we're not looking to set any up, there is also no active directory, or domain. The only way I can think to do this would be port forwarding...

The perfect situation for me would be the lansweeper server is in my company cloud server, and each location would scan itself, and report back to the central server, it would be a simple setup.

1. Can this be accomplished using any version of lansweeper?
2. If so, how would I set this up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There's no built-in functionality for scanning over the Internet. What some of our customers do is:
  • Set up a central, remotely accessible SQL Server database and local scanning servers. Making your database available over the Internet is not generally recommended for security reasons, but it is possible.
  • Scan the remote sites with our LsPush scanning agent and then use FTP or something similar to pull the scan results into their central Lansweeper installation. LsPush can only scan Windows machines however.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There's no built-in functionality for scanning over the Internet. What some of our customers do is:
  • Set up a central, remotely accessible SQL Server database and local scanning servers. Making your database available over the Internet is not generally recommended for security reasons, but it is possible.
  • Scan the remote sites with our LsPush scanning agent and then use FTP or something similar to pull the scan results into their central Lansweeper installation. LsPush can only scan Windows machines however.