cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Goof
Engaged Sweeper
I am having trouble getting a scan from the LanSweeper server or LSPush from the client to work using DirectAccess (over IPv6).

- When I ping from the server or client to the other, I get a response by the IPv6 address.
- When I run the LanSweeper ConenctionTester from the server to the client it resolves by IPv6. Although I get a reverse DNS loopup failure, it still scans by WMI successfully.
- When I run a 'Rescan Asset' from the server, it fails with a 'Cannot resolve IP address' error
- When I run an LSPush scan from the client to the server (lspush.exe servername), it fails and in the Windows Resource Monitor I see LSPush trying to connect by IPv4

I'm not sure why the LanSweeper server and LSPush are trying IPv4 even when the names resolve by IPv6. I've already set IPv6 as preferred on my cleint and it does not resolve the problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone, as we got a question about this: Lansweeper has supported IPv6 for a while now. LsPush and name based scanning methods like Active Scanning, Workgroup Scanning, Rescan, Scheduled Computer Scanning etc. should have no issue scanning IPv6. The only scanning method that doesn't support IPv6 is IP Address Range Scanning, which only queries IPv4 IPs.

If you are running an old Lansweeper release, update your installation by following these instructions. Updates are free to anyone with a valid Lansweeper license.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone, as we got a question about this: Lansweeper has supported IPv6 for a while now. LsPush and name based scanning methods like Active Scanning, Workgroup Scanning, Rescan, Scheduled Computer Scanning etc. should have no issue scanning IPv6. The only scanning method that doesn't support IPv6 is IP Address Range Scanning, which only queries IPv4 IPs.

If you are running an old Lansweeper release, update your installation by following these instructions. Updates are free to anyone with a valid Lansweeper license.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com

We have a (beta) version that works over ipv6