cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all,

As you all know Lansweeper is a magnificent asset management solution that has delivered its value ten fold over the past couple of years. I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar level of quality application for helpdesk ticketing?

We use a very clunky system and I want to present a new solution to management so if you have any great tools that you have used in the past - I am particularly looking for a slick and responsive web-based interface, email alerting and reasonable reporting on a SQL based database.

If you have any thoughts and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Peter
99 REPLIES 99
Fletch_Gordon
Engaged Sweeper
I'm not even a paid user yet, and I already love this product. An integrated Help Desk would absolutely be a SLAM DUNK on us being able to sign up for a paid subscription. Our current software renews in November.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The Lansweeper 6.0 beta will be out "soon", but we cannot give a specific release date at this time. Anyone interested in the beta, please contact support@lansweeper.com to be added to our list of beta testers.

jprateragg wrote:
Is anyone else receiving 4 email notifications whenever a post is posted to this thread?

If this issue persists, could you contact support@lansweeper.com so we can investigate this.
Okan
Engaged Sweeper III
@StephenB What did you think of JIRA Service Desk?
mikeHRW
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

just to let you know: We are also evaluating a new help desk solution.

In case Lansweeper is offering something useful in time, that could also be an option for us.
(timeframe for implementation would be 1-2 months from now on)

Greetings,
Mike
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Is anyone else receiving 4 email notifications whenever a post is posted to this thread?
dannyboy
Engaged Sweeper II
hi is there any news on the help desk feature yet???
StephenB
Engaged Sweeper
I have signed up to be a Beta tester for your planned Helpdesk module. Our Clinic/Hospital plus satellites utilizes Lansweeper as an inventory tool as well as a tool for remoting into workstations when we are on Helpdesk. However, the software we use requires a lot of management to keep it effective for the tasks neccessary on helpdesk. We have looked into Helpdesk Software and are impressed with SolarWinds Webhelpdesk and the ability for tickets to move on to the next destination/user after a user has completed a necessary task, for example, building a laptop for a new employee. user indicates it is complte, ticket moves onto Network ADmin who hads new user to AD. While the Project Management software being used today, Atlassian JIRA, is adequate, it's helpdesk module leaves more than something to be desired. We would like to keep the project management portion of JIRA, therefore, will your helpdesk module be able integrate with it?
dpoll7428
Engaged Sweeper II
I have signed up to be a beta tester for the helpdesk software once it is released. I just want to say that we too, are in the process of looking for another helpdesk software package (the one we currently use was recently upgraded and did not take into consideration the add-ins that were written by user). So our current system is a mess.

We currently use Lansweeper for asset management and love it. I know you've said you can't give a release date, but I just wanted to let you know that we too are waiting. Hopefully it will be soon before we decide we need to go with something else.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We can't give a release date unfortunately. As soon as we have a release date, I'll post it. In the meantime, I would recommend sending an email to support@lansweeper.com to request that you be added to our list of beta testers. Beta testers will receive an email as soon as the help desk beta becomes available.
zibby
Engaged Sweeper
Susan.A wrote:
We can't give a release date unfortunately. As soon as we have a release date, I'll post it. In the meantime, I would recommend sending an email to support@lansweeper.com to request that you be added to our list of beta testers. Beta testers will receive an email as soon as the help desk beta becomes available.

Any ETA for beta/alpha release?

thanks