cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all,

As you all know Lansweeper is a magnificent asset management solution that has delivered its value ten fold over the past couple of years. I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar level of quality application for helpdesk ticketing?

We use a very clunky system and I want to present a new solution to management so if you have any great tools that you have used in the past - I am particularly looking for a slick and responsive web-based interface, email alerting and reasonable reporting on a SQL based database.

If you have any thoughts and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Peter
99 REPLIES 99
Harikadithyan
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Could you please let me know when will be the releasing date for the same. We are in the process of finalizing the deal for the help desk ticketing system. I am very much happy with lansweeper asset management system, so Is this going to release in August.

Regards

Hari
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Still no release date unfortunately. I'll post more information once I have it.
enz1ey
Engaged Sweeper II
Any news on the beta availability?
tcchit
Engaged Sweeper II
Would just like to pipe in and let you know that we've been trying to delay purchasing a ticketing solution for the past year now in hopes that Lansweeper's would become available. We were told the beta would be ready by the 2015 New Year, then it was by the end of February 2015, then some time in spring, then early summer.

We've used Lansweeper for about 4 years and would love to have the integrated help desk to go with it, but at this rate I'm not sure it's going to be an option.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
No release date yet unfortunately. I would say the biggest thing being worked on right now are web console permissions. We've made some pretty big changes that should make permissions a lot more flexible and easier to use, but these need to be thoroughly tested still.

We're making some good progress on beta support for the knowledge base in the meantime. The changes are implemented and being tested on a local server, in preparation of a push to our public knowledge base. Some minor bugs remain, but most things appear to be working. For the Lansweeper help desk beta and eventual production release we needed the ability to make separate beta and production versions of the same article, and to redirect old articles to new ones. Some other, smaller knowledge base improvements have been made as well.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Development cannot give an estimate at this point. I'll follow up with them again next week. What we're working on now:
  • About 25 known bugs left to resolve.
  • A couple dozen other issues that are not really bugs, but should be solved to improve usability.
  • Support for beta documentation in our knowledge base.
thejduk
Engaged Sweeper II
+1
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Can you give any indicators of when you will release the beta version of the helpdesk component? Our renewal for ServiceDesk Plus by ManageEngine is coming up in two weeks and I'd like to not spend the $3k on it if I don't have to. Thanks!
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
jprateragg wrote:
Can you give any indicators of when you will release the beta version of the helpdesk component? Our renewal for ServiceDesk Plus by ManageEngine is coming up in two weeks and I'd like to not spend the $3k on it if I don't have to. Thanks!

Did you already test the beta?
You can upgrade all beta versions to the final version when it's released.
Susan

For the past week I devoted my lunchbreaks to our dark god Cthulhu, to pray for your developers.
Management wants me to pick final candidates next week, but with some good news I hope to postpone their decsision.

Do you have a status update please?

thx

ps: it's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!