cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etailz
Engaged Sweeper II
I have imported all of monitors with my custom asset tags (Custom1). When I go to Attach it to the computer it is connected too I can no see my Custom1 field. Is there any way to do that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Modifications to web console pages are on our customer wish-list, but we have no release date. Many pages have special functions and therefore can't be modified. In most cases you will be able to reach your goal through custom reports. The following example report lists assets together with their connected assets and a custom field of it.

Instructions for running reports can be found here. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
- Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
- Updating to Lansweeper 5.2, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.2 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tConnected.AssetName As [Connected asset],
tConnectedCustom.Custom1 As [Connected asset Custom1]
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblAssetRelations
On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetRelations.ParentAssetID
Left Join tblAssets tConnected On tConnected.AssetID =
tblAssetRelations.ChildAssetID
Left Join tblAssetCustom tConnectedCustom On tConnectedCustom.AssetID =
tConnected.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetRelationTypes On tsysAssetRelationTypes.RelationTypeID =
tblAssetRelations.Type
Where tsysAssetRelationTypes.Name = 'connected to' And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName,
[Connected asset]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
etailz
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the idea on the report. Reports are only as good as the data though. If I were to run that in the current state it wouldn't show anything.

I ended up exporting all the data to csv and automatically combining text in excel. Re-importing and now I can see the asset number that I want to see. I am now going through all the assets and adding them as connected assets.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Modifications to web console pages are on our customer wish-list, but we have no release date. Many pages have special functions and therefore can't be modified. In most cases you will be able to reach your goal through custom reports. The following example report lists assets together with their connected assets and a custom field of it.

Instructions for running reports can be found here. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
- Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
- Updating to Lansweeper 5.2, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.2 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tConnected.AssetName As [Connected asset],
tConnectedCustom.Custom1 As [Connected asset Custom1]
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblAssetRelations
On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetRelations.ParentAssetID
Left Join tblAssets tConnected On tConnected.AssetID =
tblAssetRelations.ChildAssetID
Left Join tblAssetCustom tConnectedCustom On tConnectedCustom.AssetID =
tConnected.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetRelationTypes On tsysAssetRelationTypes.RelationTypeID =
tblAssetRelations.Type
Where tsysAssetRelationTypes.Name = 'connected to' And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName,
[Connected asset]
etailz
Engaged Sweeper II
crashff - Thanks! I was afraid that was the answer.

Lansweeper - Mods\Admin - Please add this to a requested feature list. Thanks!

crashff
Champion Sweeper
In this case, you may want to add the asset tag number into the Asset Name field on the monitor.

I have noticed that the Asset selection window doesn't scroll far enough to show all the columns that should be displayed or have the ability to customize which columns are actually shown, which limits the usefulness quite severely.

I get the impression that making the required columns visible will require modification of a webpage somewhere, which may not be supported by Lansweeper, but I hope they take into consideration for fixing in a later release.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now