cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbilliau
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey everyone,

Using lsremote.exe v5 something..and it works great for our headquarters, but everytime I try to remote to our canada offices or Mexico, it starts to connect but shuts down immediately. If I run it off those sites local server it runs fine. So I know its a connection issue probably. These sites are only connected via 3mb down/2MB up VPN tunnels.

is there anyway around this? I've tried going into options and changing some settings around but no luck!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We had a look at the log, but it's not telling us much to be honest. The only possible explanations we can think of for this problem are:
  • Network issue, which you hinted at as well.
  • Anti-virus software or other process killing the VNC service.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We had a look at the log, but it's not telling us much to be honest. The only possible explanations we can think of for this problem are:
  • Network issue, which you hinted at as well.
  • Anti-virus software or other process killing the VNC service.
jbilliau
Engaged Sweeper II
Here are the process monitor log file... there is no windows events that get logged.

This is the best I can come up with.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It's really difficult to comment on this without logs of any kind. I'd recommend checking your Event Viewer for any indication as to why lsremote is shutting down. A tool like Process Monitor may also be helpful in determining the cause of the issue. You can always send Event Viewer data or Process Monitor logs to support@lansweeper.com for further examination.
jbilliau
Engaged Sweeper II
Don't think so. I dont have any antivrus installed. Besides..it does it for my 2 co worker's as well..so it can't be that.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Some anti-virus programs are killing the VNC service on the client, can you please check in the anti-virus log.
jbilliau
Engaged Sweeper II
Its all internal to internal connectivity..so its not the firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off as well. The port is open cuz It actually starts to connect and says password accepted really quick and almost gives me a display. but then bombs out
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lsremote.exe requires a working WMI connection and port 5900/TCP and UDP to be opened. If you are able to scan the target computer with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe and port 5900 is open, you should be able to establish a remote connection as well. However, you might need to check if your firewall, routers or any anti-virus software block the required ports or close vncserver on the target computer.