cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Has anyone worked out a backup script or something that works with SQL Express they care to share? I was thinking of making something, just wondering if it's already been done.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Dang nab it!

Here is the corrected code

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jaydubster
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks sullivane and OP.
Just about to update LS on our server and wanted to backup the db first, sounds like this is the solution we need 🙂

- edited after running...

Having changed all the relevant path names and ran the script, it's created a zip containing "Actions" and "Website" as expected, but Actions is devoid of data, only 1kb - like it's not grabbed the SQLdata folder at all.

Have I done something daft, or missing something obvious?
Cheers,
Jay.

- ooooh, just noticed this is an OLD post, maybe there's a more recent solution backup LS that didn't appear in my forum searches?
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
Sullivane -

I belong to a SQL group called SQL Pass (http://www.sqlpass.org). The last meeting they had the owner do a demo of this backup, which is free, and seemed to be very easy to do. The owner & her husband seemed to be quite knowledgeable about SQL. It was done via GoToMeeting, and he was in the background giving advice for the demo as she went along. I’m not sure if it is something worth looking into or not, but you can’t beat the price. Works right out of the box, and easily customizable.

http://minionware.net/backup/

Just passing along what I’ve learned.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
No problem 🙂
lance321
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for this. I just set it up on our box and it is working great!
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Dang nab it!

Here is the corrected code
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
worked great. Same typo as mentioned before, in the Actions Folder section.

Thank you for updating & the assist on this.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Try this. I added a check for SQL Compact which is installed by basic LS install. This will work for either Compact or Express.

Remember to change all paths to the proper install and backup paths
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Should be REALLY easy to adjust this for SQL Compact version. I'll post something tomorrow for you, when I am back at work.
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
well, it will at least back up some of the items.