cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizaoreo
Engaged Sweeper II
Ok, I've kinda messed with this feature a few times out of curiosity and assumed I was hitting a bug that would be fixed in a future update, but there have been quite a few updates now and it's still happening. Looking at the forums, looks like I'm the only one with this issue.

My problem is when I generate a QR code by going to an individual asset, it makes the QR code fine, but when I scan it, instead of something like "http://lansweeper:81/asset.aspx?AssetID=336" I get something like "asset.aspx?AssetID=336". Not sure what's up because the QR code creation box clearly has the proper URL for the lansweeper server.

I tried doing multiple Assets at once, but when I click OK in the QR code creation box, it goes to a "500 - Internal server error" page, "There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.".

Currently have a Pro license
Website version: 5242
Server version: 5.2.0.42
SQL Server hosted on the server running SQL Express.
Using IE 11.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
A first thought would be that this might be web browser dependent. Have you tested with another Internet Explorer version or Mozilla Firefox / Google Chrome?

It might be that a web browser doesn't correctly recognize the filled-in value, in which case you could try changing it in the popup and check if that changes things.
For the second error we advice sending any error logs located in 'Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data' to support@lansweeper.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you require further assistance, it would be best to contact us via email (support@lansweeper.com) and provide the following, as we are unable to reproduce the issue ourselves:
  • Screenshot of the Configuration\Your License page.
  • Screenshots of the steps you are taking to produce the behaviors.
  • The error log present in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data on the server hosting the console.
lizaoreo
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Karel, don't know why I didn't think to try that. I tried IE10 and 11 and both failed to work, even filling in the form manually. But Opera did work, so I know it can work.

I'll have to fiddle with setting on IE11 and see if I can figure out what's causing the problem.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
A first thought would be that this might be web browser dependent. Have you tested with another Internet Explorer version or Mozilla Firefox / Google Chrome?

It might be that a web browser doesn't correctly recognize the filled-in value, in which case you could try changing it in the popup and check if that changes things.
For the second error we advice sending any error logs located in 'Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data' to support@lansweeper.com

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now