cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EIC_Ithelp
Engaged Sweeper
Chrome upgraded to 42.0.2311.90 broke Lansweeper Actions. I tried to fix it by putting the dll file in every possible directory, with no avail. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I've updated the knowledge base to reflect the recent changes in Chrome. These plugin instructions should work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Diego_Tomazzoni
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks!!!
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Roger. Thanks!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Chrome will completely disable plugins in a few months. Our development is currently implementing a new solution to use asset actions in Chrome (both 32-bit and 64-bit). This will be included in future releases as soon as it is available.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Any word on a Chrome x64 plugin?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I've updated the knowledge base to reflect the recent changes in Chrome. These plugin instructions should work.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
I found this way:

chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

Enable it.

http://superuser.com/questions/902575/how-to-re-enable-java-plugin-on-google-chrome-42
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This isn't due to a Lansweeper update we're afraid, Google Chrome is simply phasing out basic web browser functionality on which the Lansweeper plugin relies.

We hope to have a Google Chrome specific plugin by the time they completely remove this functionality.

Internet Explorer however should not have this issue and Mozilla Firefox will probably continue NPAPI support.
Jstanford
Engaged Sweeper II
I found the same thing this morning. Did a little research, Google is removing NPAPI support which is the API Lansweeper actions use.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/chrome-starts-pushing-java-off-the-web-by-disabling-plugins/

Good and bad news, good news is you can re enable it for now by going to chrome://flags/#enable-npapi and clicking Enable. Bad news is Google will completely remove NPAPI functionality in September this year in favour of a more modern API.

I'm hoping the Lansweeper devs take note of this and are ready by September, I'm sure the other browsers will eventually follow suit.