cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gderrick
Engaged Sweeper II
We have Lansweeper scanning our HP Comware switches via SNMP v3 that is working great but port connectivity information is historical not reflecting valid at last scan. We have computers that move locations showing up on different switches and ports within a single switch meaning that we get multiple references to that asset with us having to carefully check the Last Seen field to determine what is correct. It would be nice to have a selection to purge historical info so that the next scan will reflect current connections.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
gderrick
Engaged Sweeper II
Really need a way to purge so we can see the true state of the last scan. In order for me to do that now, I have to note the switch asset details I've added then delete the switch and force a rescan of the IP address to redetect and get current information. I then have to re-enter the details that were loss with the delete.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
For now, this works as intended. For each switch port, Lansweeper shows the last asset to be detected on (connected to) that port. The dates next to the port connections indicate when the assets were actually detected. Not sure whether a cleanup option will be added.
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
Same here, we scan our HP ProCurve switches with SNMP2, got assets which show they're connected to two switches, the old one, and the new one. Even after rescanning the 'old' switch the asset was connected to, the asset still shows as connected to the old switch. Makes it tough sometimes when you have to troubleshoot physical connection issues.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now