cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all,

As you all know Lansweeper is a magnificent asset management solution that has delivered its value ten fold over the past couple of years. I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar level of quality application for helpdesk ticketing?

We use a very clunky system and I want to present a new solution to management so if you have any great tools that you have used in the past - I am particularly looking for a slick and responsive web-based interface, email alerting and reasonable reporting on a SQL based database.

If you have any thoughts and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Peter
99 REPLIES 99
ritecithelp
Engaged Sweeper
I helped implement web help desk at my current location, I've used a lot of different help desk ticketing systems personally.

One thing that attracted me to that was customization/custom fields.

Hopefully the beta has the capability to be customized from A to Z and everything in between.
ritecithelp wrote:
I helped implement web help desk at my current location, I've used a lot of different help desk ticketing systems personally.

One thing that attracted me to that was customization/custom fields.

Hopefully the beta has the capability to be customized from A to Z and everything in between.

Our help desk has more options than the average user will probably ever need. You are on our list of beta testers, so we'll notify you when the beta becomes available.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
@rleslieAA: Yes, Lansweeper will remain completely ad free.

We're in the final stages of internal help desk testing. I'm really hesitant to give any sort of estimate of when the beta will be released, but I would *expect* it to be a matter of weeks. We're just fixing any remaining bugs at this point. All of the features we wanted to see implemented are already in the software.

If you have not already done so, contact support@lansweeper.com to be added to our list of beta testers. 450 people have signed up so far.
rleslieAA
Engaged Sweeper
Spiceworks gets bloated with ads because the software is free to users, they have to pay their employees somehow. Since Lansweeper is a paid app (for anything over 25 assets, I believe) they shouldn't need to waste space on ads. IMO.
VHScarpacci
Engaged Sweeper
We are using Spiceworks, but they are starting to become bloatware. It has become so convoluted that the only thing I use it for is the helpdesk. I turn to Lansweeper if I need any information about the computers ...

I might be nice to have Lansweeper with a helpdesk tool, but if it gets bloated then where will I turn.
nquanz
Engaged Sweeper
Any News?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We hope to release the help desk beta within the next few months, but we really can't give you a release date. Lansweeper 5.3 will be released as a beta next week, but this update does *not* include the help desk yet. Lansweeper 5.3 needs to be fully tested and released before we can even consider releasing a help desk beta, as the help desk is dependent on it.
nquanz
Engaged Sweeper
When is the Release possible? In the next few days? In one or two months or next year?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
No, we don't have a release date yet unfortunately. If you're interested in the help desk beta, please send a request to be added as a beta tester to support@lansweeper.com. We'll contact all of our beta testers when the beta becomes available.
pvanlien
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

We are at the end or march now. Any update on the beta release.

Thanks!