cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan85
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Is it possible to create a report that will show NTFS permissions on folders for auditing. I see in the version history that Lansweeper now scans NTFS permissions but I can only find a report to show Share permissions in the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The change you're referring to was implemented in 5.1.0.28, not 5.2.0.31, and relates to the scanning of share permissions, not the scanning of folder permissions. Lansweeper only scans share permissions, not folder permissions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We have no release date for this feature unfortunately. Development is busy getting our help desk ready for our beta testers, so any other features have low priority for now.
Kiran_S
Engaged Sweeper II

Please let me know if there is any update.

nathan85
Engaged Sweeper
ok thanks for confirming. Any idea if this will be added in the future?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The change you're referring to was implemented in 5.1.0.28, not 5.2.0.31, and relates to the scanning of share permissions, not the scanning of folder permissions. Lansweeper only scans share permissions, not folder permissions.
nathan85
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for your reply. I thought this was the case however in the release notes for version 5.2.0.31 it says â—¾Added scanning of Share NTFS permissions.

If Lansweeper scans NTFS permissions why is it not possible to report on them?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Only file share permissions are scanned. For custom file scanning this is not currently available.

You can find a report which lists files shares with permissions here.