cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
At setup of Lansweeper on one system, I am seeing: "internal error: failed to get version numbers of _shfoldr.dll" when I doubleclick to launch the installer. All that I have read points back to an InnoSetup library being possibly outdated. Can anyone provide any insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
This is the result of the McAfee Host Based Security Suite (HBSS), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) suite blocking the installer from unpacking into the temp directory. It has been resolved.

thanks,
Dave

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
This is the result of the McAfee Host Based Security Suite (HBSS), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) suite blocking the installer from unpacking into the temp directory. It has been resolved.

thanks,
Dave
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We've never seen this error before. Could you send the information below to support@lansweeper.com. We will follow up via email.
  • Link to this forum thread.
  • Screenshot of the error.
  • Your setup log. With the Lansweeper installer open on the problem screen, browse to your temporary folder and copy the latest Setup Log contained within. You should be able to access your temporary folder by typing %temp% in your directory bar.