cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavo_decenci
Engaged Sweeper
I have some chromebooks on my network. Is there any method that I can scan them automatically?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Whether or not Lansweeper can scan (pull data from) a device depends on which protocols the device has enabled. Lansweeper can only scan machines that have one or more of the following protocols enabled: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet or WMI.

As far as we know, there are no open protocols on Chromebooks that would allow Lansweeper to retrieve data. You can run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\DeviceTester.exe on your Lansweeper server and connect to some of your machines to see which protocols are enabled, if any. If no protocols are enabled, Lansweeper won’t be able to pull data from the machine. You can tick Save Pinged IP for your IP ranges to have asset pages generated for the IP addresses anyway, but no data will be available.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Whether or not Lansweeper can scan (pull data from) a device depends on which protocols the device has enabled. Lansweeper can only scan machines that have one or more of the following protocols enabled: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet or WMI.

As far as we know, there are no open protocols on Chromebooks that would allow Lansweeper to retrieve data. You can run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\DeviceTester.exe on your Lansweeper server and connect to some of your machines to see which protocols are enabled, if any. If no protocols are enabled, Lansweeper won’t be able to pull data from the machine. You can tick Save Pinged IP for your IP ranges to have asset pages generated for the IP addresses anyway, but no data will be available.