cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doodguy
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

I have Lansweeper scanning our network periodically, and have listed all serial keys to all products we own.

Using Adobe Acrobat as an example, we own hundreds of copies of various revisions IE Acrobat 9, 10, 11. Lets say for serial key "X" we have 2 seats, serial key "Y" we have 3 seats, serial key "Z" we have 1 seat.

Lets say we get a user that needs Acrobat installed. Is there an easy way for me to see a serial key that is free so I know which I should be using? Currently we use lansweeper and see ok we own 10 copies, it is showing 4 avail ok this serial key sounds good just use this one.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
Ah ok that is the issue. You are running SQL Compact instead of SQL Express, but I think you can get the report to run if you take out the var in nvarchar with the code above. Try that and see if it works.

Select Top 1000000 tblLicenses.softwareName,
tblSublicensesOrders.Ordernumber,
Count(tblSerialnumber.ProductKey) As [In Use],
tblSublicensesOrders.Nrlicenses Purchased,
Cast(tblSublicensesOrders.Licensekey As nchar(300)) As [License Key]
From tblLicenses
Inner Join tblSublicensesOrders On tblLicenses.LicenseidID =
tblSublicensesOrders.LicenseidID
Inner Join tblSerialnumber On tblSerialnumber.ProductKey =
Cast(tblSublicensesOrders.Licensekey As nchar(300))
Group By tblLicenses.softwareName,
tblSublicensesOrders.Nrlicenses,
Cast(tblSublicensesOrders.Licensekey As nchar(300))

Thank you,

Jeffrey
Thank you, Jeffrey Smith Enterprise Applications Security (319) 499-6310 JefSmith@geico.com

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
Alright!

So I'll post this in the reports section later, but for now hope this helps! It will only list Software you have configured in the Licensing section. The Order Numbers and License Keys are included, so they will show up as a separate line item, even if the Software titles are the same. Product keys found on clients are only joined in, if they match the License Key in your purchase order. Finally you will now be able to view totals seats used by each license key compared to the amount purchased.

License: Software licensekey usage ()

Select Top 1000000 tblLicenses.softwareName,
Count(tblSerialnumber.ProductKey) As [In Use],
tblSublicensesOrders.Nrlicenses Purchased,
Cast(tblSublicensesOrders.Licensekey As nvarchar(max)) As [License Key]
From tblLicenses
Inner Join tblSublicensesOrders On tblLicenses.LicenseidID =
tblSublicensesOrders.LicenseidID
Inner Join tblSerialnumber On tblSerialnumber.ProductKey =
Cast(tblSublicensesOrders.Licensekey As nvarchar(max))
Group By tblLicenses.softwareName,
tblSublicensesOrders.Nrlicenses,
Cast(tblSublicensesOrders.Licensekey As nvarchar(max))

Thank you,

Jeffrey
Thank you, Jeffrey Smith Enterprise Applications Security (319) 499-6310 JefSmith@geico.com
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
Challenge accepted! All of the information is there in the database for what you are wanting to do, so its just a matter of building a report to do it. I'll work on it and get back to you.

Thank you,

Jeffrey