cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVannest
Engaged Sweeper III
Good Afternoon,

I created a custom scanning profile for C:\passwords.txt and C:\passwords.txt but the limitation there is crippling. I would like to be able to scan the "Desktop" folder of all users profiles for the same file names. i.e. C:\Users\CVannest\Desktop\Passwords.txt (Password.txt). From the reading I've done, it appears I would have to do a custom scan with every path for every user ID I have...which is over 8000.

Anyone have a way to do this with a wildcard other than the three options given?

Thanks,
Carl
2 REPLIES 2
CVannest
Engaged Sweeper III
Daniel,

Thanks. I did think about going that route, and will investigate it deeper now.

It would be great if there was a wildcard for C:\Users\%profilename%

Thanks,
Carl
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Custom scanning currently doesn't provide any wildcards for user profiles. As some users of Lansweeper asked for it, our development might consider adding this feature. Currently the full path for scanned files has to be entered. The only wildcards available are %windir%, %programfiles% and %programfiles(x86)%. This is necessary to limit the load on your network.

You might be able to accomplish your goal with a VBS script which searches for files in user profile folders locally on the client machines and writes the result into a text file on a file share.