cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afinety
Engaged Sweeper
There's a particular piece of software that no longer seems to be getting detected by Lansweeper. It's called Lexus Nexus Patent Optimizer. It shows up in Programs and Features on Windows 7 PCs; other software on the same PCs shows in the Lansweeper reports. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If the software is installed for only one user, Lansweeper will only scan it if the user is logged on during scanning. We can't scan software which was installed for users who are not logged on during scanning.

In Lansweeper 5.2, you will see an icon next to the software name on the asset page that indicates if software is installed only for one user.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If the software is installed for only one user, Lansweeper will only scan it if the user is logged on during scanning. We can't scan software which was installed for users who are not logged on during scanning.

In Lansweeper 5.2, you will see an icon next to the software name on the asset page that indicates if software is installed only for one user.
afinety
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks again for your reply. I had actually performed all of your suggestions before my first post on the forum, but I do appreciate your input, especially your suggestion about checking Configuration > Item Wait Time.

I installed the latest version of the software in question on a test PC, rescanned that Asset in Lansweeper, and the software shows up within Lansweeper.

We have less than 10 users who are using this software for years now, but there have been issues as they've upgraded this particular software time and time again.

The software is also one of those packages that ONLY shows up in Programs & Features when logged in as the user who installed it. I tested this on my recent installation, and it does NOT show up in Programs & Features for another user account, or even for the Domain Administrator (yet I'm using the Domain Administrator's credentials for Lansweeper, which does correctly scan the software as being installed on this particular PC!).

So I'm just going to attribute the issue to a quirk with that software, and probably not worry about it any more.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If the program is listed among the list of Programs and Features on the affected computer, it should be listed also in the Software list on it's Lansweeper asset page.
Could you
  • Verify that NexisLexis PatentOptimizer is listed in Control Panel, Programs and features on the affected computer
  • On the Lansweeper web console, rescan this computer (open it's asset page and hit Rescan asset)
  • Verify that the scan was successful (the Last seen date should get updated)
  • Look into the Software tab

If you couldn't resolve the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • Error log as present on your Lansweeper server under Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt
  • Screenshot of Programs and Features on the client computer
  • Screenshots of the summary and software tabs of the affected computer in Lansweeper
afinety
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the reply.

The computer asset shows as having last been scanned today. Item Wait Time for Software is 2 days. Other recently installed software shows on the Lansweeper report.

Could there be something about the nature of a particular software package that might cause/prevent Lansweeper from recognizing it in its scans?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you open the summary tab of the affected assets and verify if they were successfully scanned in the last days?
Also under Configuration\Item Wait Time verify in which interval software is getting scanned in your network.