cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimmy
Engaged Sweeper
How do you set QR code to return any value?
I found it to contain "hostname$" but when I click on an asset QR code it is empty or returns the same value ("hostname$")

How do i set this one up so that it returns the actual hostname>?

Documentation does not even contain the term "QR Code" or "QR" so it is impossible to figure out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The "hostname" configured under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages is the main URL of your Lansweeper web console, i.e. the "hostname" of the machine hosting your console. You cannot use variables here; you must submit your exact web console URL, e.g. http://lan-001:81/

If you are asking about variables for referencing the actual client machines: you can only use the client machine's asset ID, asset name or serial number in the QR code. These are the only options available when generating a QR code. No other variables are supported. We're not sure what you are doing exactly, but you should:
  • Update to the latest Lansweeper release, if you haven't already.
  • Set the "hostname" under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages to your main web console URL.
  • Click the Assets link at the top of the web console.
  • Tick the checkboxes in front of one or more assets.
  • Hit the QR Codes button on the left.
  • Set the client machine "variable" with the Save Using dropdown in the resulting popup.

We've added two screenshots to this post, showing a QR code configuration and a QR code generated for computer XPDEP with said configuration. You'll notice that Asset Name is automatically replaced with the name of the asset the code was generated for. The "hostname", LAN-001, is the machine hosting the web console. QR codes link to specific asset pages within your web console.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The "hostname" configured under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages is the main URL of your Lansweeper web console, i.e. the "hostname" of the machine hosting your console. You cannot use variables here; you must submit your exact web console URL, e.g. http://lan-001:81/

If you are asking about variables for referencing the actual client machines: you can only use the client machine's asset ID, asset name or serial number in the QR code. These are the only options available when generating a QR code. No other variables are supported. We're not sure what you are doing exactly, but you should:
  • Update to the latest Lansweeper release, if you haven't already.
  • Set the "hostname" under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages to your main web console URL.
  • Click the Assets link at the top of the web console.
  • Tick the checkboxes in front of one or more assets.
  • Hit the QR Codes button on the left.
  • Set the client machine "variable" with the Save Using dropdown in the resulting popup.

We've added two screenshots to this post, showing a QR code configuration and a QR code generated for computer XPDEP with said configuration. You'll notice that Asset Name is automatically replaced with the name of the asset the code was generated for. The "hostname", LAN-001, is the machine hosting the web console. QR codes link to specific asset pages within your web console.
wimmy
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you.

I'm still missing the variables to return any value programmatically.

It still shows 'hostname' as opposed to the actual hostname.

Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
You can change the hostname used for the QR code on the 'Configuration -> Asset Pages' page.
Normally this should be something like 'http://localhost:81/'.