cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Steiner
Engaged Sweeper
I know others have noticed it, but in my searching I didn't find the answer for this specific question. Here is the problem. If one version of office is installed, or a program like Project Std 2010 is installed, and then uninstalled, lansweeper still shows it as installed. From what I can tell, these programs don't do a good job of removing all traces. I know where Office put's it's licenses in the registry and removing those after uninstallation might fix this problem for different versions of office. However:
1. Does anyone know what lansweeper is looking at to determine if specific office programs are installed?
2. What registry key or file still would need deleted after uninstalled project 2010 for lansweeper to stop seeing it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Common key locations for Office installations are these
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft Office

Unter this key you will find subkeys for different versions of Office (15.0: 2013, 14.0: 2010, 12.0: 2007, 11.0: 2003). You can search for the value “ProductName” in order to look through the different license keys and find the right one. By deleting the key in which this value is stored, you can remove wrong information. On computers which had MS Project installed, one of the ProductName values should have “Microsoft Project” filled in. So you could then delete the hash key in which this value is stored.

We recommend not deleting the whole Office version key (i.e. 12.0, 14.0 or 15.0), as the data stored in there are used also by still installed Office programs. Before deleting registry keys, please do a backup of the registry.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Common key locations for Office installations are these
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft Office

Unter this key you will find subkeys for different versions of Office (15.0: 2013, 14.0: 2010, 12.0: 2007, 11.0: 2003). You can search for the value “ProductName” in order to look through the different license keys and find the right one. By deleting the key in which this value is stored, you can remove wrong information. On computers which had MS Project installed, one of the ProductName values should have “Microsoft Project” filled in. So you could then delete the hash key in which this value is stored.

We recommend not deleting the whole Office version key (i.e. 12.0, 14.0 or 15.0), as the data stored in there are used also by still installed Office programs. Before deleting registry keys, please do a backup of the registry.