cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pskup
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello Community,

I tried to set up the licence module and experienced some problems with it. The main problem is I don't understand what I am doing.

I read the manual and googled around but I am still not quite sure how to use that correctly.

I already simplified the needed license types (gosh, there are a lot of them) into some groups

A: License for a single pc. Like bought in store. No expiration date.
B: License package for multiple single pc. Bought by the developer. No expiration date.
C: Subscription (with updates, support) for multiple pc. Limited to a special amount of pc. After expiration no support and updates.
😧 Subscription (with updates, support) for multiple pc. Limited to a special amount at the same time. After expiration no support and updates.
E: Freeware or license for use with any pc. No limitations.

So my first problem is the right use of the Lansweeper "License type". Which should I use for A to D?

My second problem is to set it up correctly. What should I insert?
Information > "Price per licence", "Licence contract"
Orders > "Licenses", "price"

Example for 😧

Price was 10.000. Software can be used three times simultaneously (Of course this is nothing lansweeper can check, and it shouldn't).
1. Information > "Price per license" 10.000 or 3.333,33?
2. Information > "License contract" yes?
3. Information > "License expiration" insert something or leave blank, due to automatic renewal.

Which orders should i place?
1. One item with 3 licenses and a price of 10.000
2. One item with 3 licenses and a price of 3.3333,33
3. Three items and a price of 3.333,33

I hope you understand my confusion. I want to use it correctly (in the meaning of Lansweeper) from the beginning. I know that I have to make some simplifications. The modul can't serve every possible license types out there.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
On the Edit Purchased Licenses page under the Information tab, it is recommended to enter the price per single software license. For example you know that one license of your software usually costs you around 3333. You should use this as Price per license. This value will be used to calculate the cost of filling up licenses in the future.
The license type you can set to the best matching description. It will show on your license reports, but it has no influence on the compliance calculation.
If the license you are using is expiring at a certain date, check the field License contract and enter an expiration date.

The values entered under the Orders tab also have no influence on the compliance calculation. You should enter every license order that you did as one entry. In your example, you would enter a license number of 3 and a price of 10.000. Maybe you got an offer once and purchased 3 licenses for 8.000. You can enter this order here, but it will have no influence on the price per license that you defined on the Information tab.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_D
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you, Susan
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Dan.D wrote:
Quick couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to add the number of purchased licenses for a specific package.
How can i add the number of purchased licenses, i have no field for this?

2. How can i have the Freeware software show as "Compliant" or something of the sort as opposed to
installed - x / missing x

1. You need to add orders in the Orders tab and submit a license count per order.
2. You can either not track the software or add a high number (e.g. 1000) of licenses in the Orders tab.
Dan_D
Engaged Sweeper
Quick couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to add the number of purchased licenses for a specific package.
How can i add the number of purchased licenses, i have no field for this?

2. How can i have the Freeware software show as "Compliant" or something of the sort as opposed to
installed - x / missing x

Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
On the Edit Purchased Licenses page under the Information tab, it is recommended to enter the price per single software license. For example you know that one license of your software usually costs you around 3333. You should use this as Price per license. This value will be used to calculate the cost of filling up licenses in the future.
The license type you can set to the best matching description. It will show on your license reports, but it has no influence on the compliance calculation.
If the license you are using is expiring at a certain date, check the field License contract and enter an expiration date.

The values entered under the Orders tab also have no influence on the compliance calculation. You should enter every license order that you did as one entry. In your example, you would enter a license number of 3 and a price of 10.000. Maybe you got an offer once and purchased 3 licenses for 8.000. You can enter this order here, but it will have no influence on the price per license that you defined on the Information tab.