cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Before you can use the deployment it seems you need provide a
Default Package Share username and password under the Security Options TAB.

I only see the info "Provide an account with read-execute rights only on the shared folder. Using an administrator account is a severe security risk! This password will be accesible to all users."

So, should his be a domain user? Must I make a new special domain user that can access this share? I'll then need to restrict it down so it can't access anything else or logon anywhere so will this affect it's use?

Where exactly is this user used in the sysytem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
The easiest way would be to create a new domain user which has only access to this share.

This username is used each time a client deployment needs access to {packetshare} on the workstation.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
The package share account is only used to access files on the packageshare, not for any scanning or deployment.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Is this seperate from the permission the packages will run as? (ie system...logged on user..etc).
ie, is this really just for the remote system to be able to access any needed sources?
So basically a domain user that cant login to any pc would function?
Jordi_Koller
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I already had an test account for testing policies in the our company. I used that tast account (Domain User) for the share.

With that credentials, my teamviewer quick support deployment works great!

Hope this helps.

Jordi Koller
A happy lansweeper user.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
The easiest way would be to create a new domain user which has only access to this share.

This username is used each time a client deployment needs access to {packetshare} on the workstation.